Sweet Little Libby

Y/N POV

Have you ever disliked someone so much without actually knowing him or her? I have and I hate myself for it, but sometimes you just can't help it. I can't help it. I've never really like to judge a person I've never met, because I would hate for a stranger to judge me when they don't have the slightest clue who I am. But that's the thing. People are always going to judge you when you're in high school, and sadly you're always going to judge them back. It's high school. It's avoidable.

Isaac Lahey. Everyone knows him. Every guy wants to be him and every girl wants him. He used to be this quiet and shy teenager who had the creepiest job working at the cemetery. Then, one day he completely changed. He was on the varsity lacrosse team, popular, and every girl was chasing after him. What happened to him? He seemed like such a nice guy when he was shy. Someone I would be friends with. But now he seems like such a cocky jerk with his newfound and arrogant confidence, and someone I wouldn't consider calling a friend.

I've managed to keep him away from life until now. Apparently, Coach Finstock decided to make his lacrosse players volunteer at Mrs. Hart's Daycare for extra credit. Most of the guys decided to take up on Coach Finstock's offer, Isaac being one of them. He doesn't seem like the type that would want to help kids after school. I'm sure he would rather being doing other things than wasting his precious time with adorable kids. I'm sure he rather be playing lacrosse or making out with some pretty snob from school.

I've been volunteering at Mrs. Hart's Daycare for almost two years now and I love everything about it. I love playing with the kids, reading story time, helping with arts and crafts, or their homework. Being an only child can be lonely, but these kids help. Especially Libby. Sweet little Libby. She's an only child as well, and I like to think of her as the little sister I never had. She thinks the same as she always calls me sissy. She's a funny kid for a five year old, but smarter than most kids her age. She's beautiful with long brown curly hair and sea green eyes. She never fails to brighten my day, and truthfully I look forwarding to volunteering because of her.

"Y/N!" Libby tugged my skinny jeans. "I wanna play house!" She squealed cheerfully.

"That sounds like fun." I smiled, offering my hand. "We could be sisters."

Libby took my hand, her small little hand in my hand, and shook her head. "I want you to be mommy. That okay?"

"That's fine, my sweet little Libby."

"YAY!!!" She cheered. She began to skip around me with excitement, making her curls bounce. God, I love her perfect curls. "But wait!" She froze. "We need daddy!"

"Oh no," I mumbled to myself. What guy is she going to pick to play house with us and want guy would want to?

Libby's eyes scanned the playground and nodded. She looked back at me and said, "Found him! Be right back." She immediately took off and ran towards Isaac. Of course, she would pick him. Of course, this would be my luck.

Isaac was talking to one of his teammates when Libby tugged on his jeans. Isaac turned around and bit his bottom lip as he looked down on her, wondering what she wanted. She waved her hand for him to follow her. Then she started running back to me and hid behind me, wrapping her short arms around my knees. Isaac chuckled and walked towards us.

"What can I do for ya, squirt?" Isaac looked down at Libby, behind my legs.

Libby signaled me to squat down. She began to whisper in my ear. As soon as she finished, I stood back up and passed along the message to Isaac. "Libby would like to know if you would like to play house with her."

Libby cleared her throat, loud. I looked down at her. She had her hands on her hips with her eyes furrowed in anger, and tapped her little foot. Isaac let out a chuckle.