Nightmares

Isaac had his arm around Y/N's waist, tightly securing her against his chest as his head rested at the crook of her neck. Y/N's arm rested on top of his with her fingers locked with his. Their breathing was even and their heartbeats were steady, just like every other night.

Isaac and Y/N had been dating for a few months but the love they had for each other was deep, passionate, and rare. But like every relationship, they had their stupid fights, silly arguments, and differences; however at the end of the night they still loved each other. If they had a fight, they would push it aside until the morning, and just embrace each other. They've both lost too many people in their lives to go to bed angry and wake up in the morning with regrets. Regardless, they just couldn't go to sleep or rest easy without the other safely by their side.

Tonight was no different, until Isaac started squirming.

Y/N woke up as she felt Isaac's hand tightly gripping her hip. She turned around to see him slightly shaking his head, and although his eyes were closed, she could see them moving under his eyelids. He was having a nightmare.

She tried to get Isaac's hand off her hip, but it only made him tighten the grip even more. She twisted her upper body to face the nightstand. She stretched out her arm to flip the lamp switch on. Her fingers barely touched the switch when she started hearing Isaac mumbling nonsense. She couldn't make out what he was saying as his voice was soft, almost like a whisper. She twisted her body even more to extend her arm and it worked as she turned on the light.

She turned to Isaac who started shaking his head more aggressively and his mumbling was getting worse, except the last word. "Dad..." She heard that loud and clear.

"Babe," Y/N cupped Isaac's cheeks. "You need to wake up. You're having a nightmare."

Isaac tried to shake his head out of her hands.

"No." Isaac spoke clearly. His body jumped, like a reaction to something he saw in his mind.

"Isaac!!!" Y/N started slapping his cheek, not hard or with any strength, just lightly enough to wake him up from his dreams.

"I said no, dad!" Isaac's eyes flew wide open, revealing his golden eyes, and grabbed Y/N's wrist. She gasped as she felt his claws sinking into her skin. "Isaac, listen to me! Listen to my voice! It's a nightmare!" She struggled to free her wrists from his claws. "Wake up, baby!"

Isaac stood up from the bed, and as he did so, he threw Y/N against the wall. She was flung across the room, and her body collided with the wall and sharp corner of a shadow box frame.

"Fuck!" She groaned as her back slid down against the wall and sat on the cold wooden floor. She closed her eyes, letting a tear escape from the corner of her eye.

Isaac eyed her; still believing it was his father and not Y/N. He saw his father and wanted nothing to do but hit him back. He wanted to hit his dad back for every time he laid a hand on Isaac. He wanted to hit his dad for every time he locked Isaac in the freezer. He wanted to hit his dad for all the pain and loneliness he caused Isaac. Isaac knew he was stronger than ever and he knew this would be the time to get his revenge.

Y/N opened her eyes and looked into Isaac's yellow eyes, filled with anger and revenge. He walked slowly towards her, with his claws by his side ready to attack. When he stood in front of her, he squat down to meet her eye level and grabbed her chin hard. "This is for everything you've done."

She began to tremble as she saw him pull his hand back, ready to collide it with her cheek. She closed her eyes. She wasn't afraid of Isaac as a werewolf because she never thought of him as a monster. She was afraid of what was about to happen next though. She knew Isaac hated his father and would do anything to get a chance to get him back for everything he's done especially now with his werewolf powers.

"Isaac, please don't." She pled. "I... love... you..." She stressed out the last three words, hoping it would get through to him.

Isaac's yellow eyes slowly changed to his icy blue eyes. Isaac's eyes widened as he realized what he was about to do to once he saw his girlfriend in front of him, terrified and bleeding from her wrists. Tears streamed down her cheeks from the corner of her closed eyes, ready to embrace the hit she thought was coming. Isaac let her go and immediately crawled back all the way until he hit the bed. He immediately curled himself into fetal position. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'm sorry." He repeated.

"Isaac," Y/N let out a sigh of relief. "It's okay." She crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around him tightly. "It's okay."

"But I hurt you..."

"And I'll be fine. I mean I won't heal as fast as you, but I'm okay." She reassured him.

"But you were scared of me."

"No, I wasn't."

"You must think I'm a monster now," Isaac tried to get out of Y/N's embrace, but she didn't let him. Instead she tightened her grip, ignoring the shooting pain on her back and wrist.

"You're not a monster, Isaac. I wasn't scared of you as a werewolf. I never have been and never will be." She rested her chin on his shoulder. "I was scared I couldn't wake you up in time, Isaac. I was scared you would've hit me."

"Y/N..." Isaac trailed as the tears he was fighting back escaped. "I'm so sorry. You shouldn't be with me. I'm not good for you. I'm damaged and a mess. You deserve better."

"No, I want you. You don't think I'm damaged and a mess? Hell, Isaac, everyone is, but together we're a beautiful disaster." She cupped his cheeks, locking her eyes with his. "We're both more messed up than anyone can ever imagine, but together we're good. We bring out the best in each other. I love you and nothing is ever going to change that."

"I love you, too, Y/N." Isaac leaned in to press a slow kiss against her lips. He pulled back, his nose brushing against hers, and his warm breath against her lips as he whispered. "Now, let me help you take away the pain."