The Bedroom Window

Isaac pushed the first top button of his dress shirt through the buttonhole with his thumb and opened his shirt a bit, hoping the nervousness and the tightness around his neck would vanish. It was a cool summer evening. The summer heat was gone and was replaced by a light breeze. The sound of critters singing under the moonlight made it so peaceful and relaxing, a perfect night for a date night, which is exactly what tonight was.

It was Isaac's first official date with Y/N and he was nervous; not because this is the first time they're hanging out, because it wasn't. Isaac and Y/N have known each other for a month and within that month, Isaac and Y/N snuck around for three weeks. They were instantly attracted to each other and they couldn't help themselves. They loved spending time together as they talked and laughed about everything. They loved the feeling of being around each other, having a sense of peace and comfort when they were together, and they loved the passion, fireworks, and intimate feeling they got every time their lips met.

However, all they did was sneak around. Tonight was different. Isaac asked out Y/N on a real date, where he would pick her up at the front door instead of crawling through her bedroom window, and officially meet her father. This was why Isaac was a nervous wreck. Isaac had no clue who her father was, but he knew how much her father meant to her. She never mentioned his named and only referred to him as 'Daddy', and he had never seen pictures of him and her in her bedroom or around the house because they weren't exactly big on pictures. Regardless, he knew meeting a girlfriend's father was a big deal and he wanted to make the best impression.

Isaac shifted his weight between the balls of his feet as anxiety washed over his body. His stomach tightened, his heart was ready to explode out of his chest, and his mouth felt dry as small beads of sweat formed at the nape of his neck. He took a deep breath before he pressed the doorbell button with his index finger.

"Ugh," Isaac heard a groan from the other side of the door. "Y/N! There's a boy at the front door who reeks of anxiety." Isaac's eyebrow shot up. He's a werewolf too? He thought to himself. Shit.

"And it's not a good stench!" The father's irritated voice pulled Isaac out of his thoughts, causing Isaac to run his hand through his curls, yanking on the ends just a little bit, hoping it would release some of his anxiety.

"Can you answer the door? Pleeease! I'm not ready yet, daddy!" Y/N yelled from her bedroom.

Peter averted his eyes away from his Dance Moms marathon on the flat screen and dragged himself off the couch. Peter opened the door and his lips immediately formed a tight, straight line the second he recognized the tall and nervous werewolf standing at his doorstep.

"No." Peter slammed the door in Isaac's face. He turned around and walked to the bottom of the stairs. "That's who you're going out with?!" Steam was blowing out of Peter's nose and ears.

Y/N walked out of her room and made her way down the stairs. She noticed her father upset, but rolled her eyes as she made her way to open the front door. "I'm sorry, Isaac." She pulled him in by the wrist.

"No." Peter shook his head as he folded his arms to his chest. "There's no way you're dating that kid from Scott's pack."

"You're a werewolf?!" Isaac heard the surprise in her tone but ignored her question with one of his own. "Your dad is Peter Hale?!"

Isaac meeting Y/N's father wasn't as planned. They had to explain everything. How Peter was her father even though she has a different last name because of who her father was, or rather what he is. In return, Isaac explained how he became a werewolf and how Isaac and Peter actually knew each other before tonight. But after a lot of reassuring and convincing, Peter agreed to let Y/N go out with Isaac as long as he brought her home by 10pm. That was his only agreement and Isaac promised he would bring her home before 10pm.