Castaway (Feat. Theo Raeken)

Pairings: Isaac x Reader (Platonic), Theo x Reader (Romantically) 

Y/N ran down the stairs two at a time, rushing towards the front door after someone rang the doorbell. With her heart racing, not from running down the stairs, but from the excitement of seeing her boyfriend, she couldn't fight the smile widening on her face the closer she got to the front door.

She flung the door wide open and quickly spoke before noticing who was actually at the front door. "Babe! I thought you weren't..." Her smile completely vanished and her lips quickly formed into a thin tight line when her eyes landed on a brown curly head boy with broken ocean blue eyes.

"Hi..." His voice was so low and careful as he shoved his hands in his front pockets. He noticed the pain and anger in her chocolate brown eyes. He wasn't sure how she would react to his return, but he wasn't expecting her radiating with such much hate. "Is this a good time?"

She shook her head. She lifted her arms to fold them tightly against her chest, to show him she was upset, but she ended up hugging herself as the old familiar pain she hadn't felt in a while came crawling back slowly. "I'm actually expecting someone in a few minutes."

"Oh..." He shifted his weight from one foot to the other. It had been a year since they last saw each other and he had no idea where to start. He knew he had to apologize. What he did was wrong, but for some reason he waited for her to say something or ask him what he was doing here. After a few seconds of painful silence, he cleared his throat. "When would be a good time?"

"How about never, Isaac?" She slammed the door in his face and locked it. She turned off the inside light and flipped the porch light on before running up the stairs. She closed her bedroom door behind her and leaned against it. She closed her eyes and the good memories she had with Isaac flashed through her mind. All the late night talks about nothing and everything, pigging out on junk food during their weekly movie night, to building forts during their study breaks, and going everywhere together.

The look on Isaac's sad face the night of Allison's death was the last time she saw him and as that broken-hearted boy appeared behind her eyelids, the good memories instantly washed away. She slid down until her butt touched the floor. She curled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her knees before leaning her forehead against her arms and sobbed.

Isaac stepped up another set of familiar steps and walked across the porch to knock on the front door. He heard laughter before a set of heavy footsteps made its way towards the front door. He'd only hoped this visit would be better than the one before as he had nowhere else to go.

The door opened, revealing a tan boy with brown hair and matching eyes. The corner of his lips turned up. "It's good to see you again, Isaac."

Isaac let out a deep breath he didn't realized he was holding back. He leaned forward and gave Scott a hug and patted his back before letting go. "You have no idea how much I appreciate you not slamming the door in my face."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows, completely confused. Isaac reeked with so many emotions. It was hard for him to pinpoint them all, which only meant one thing. "You went to go see her, didn't you?"

Isaac nodded as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "She wasn't too happy."

Scott sighed and opened the door wider. "Come on."

Isaac grabbed his duffle bag from the floor and stepped through the threshold. Before Isaac and Scott could say another word, Theo exited Scott's room. "Scott, thanks for inviting me over to play the new Madden game, but I gotta go see my girl. I don't want to be late for our date," Theo said as made his way down the stairs.