Jealousy

Jealousy is a terrible word. It's certainly not a good feeling and it often brings out the worst in people. There are a thousand reasons to be jealous, but everyone has experienced it at some point. Isaac Lahey is one of them. He envied anyone he knew who had a great relationship with his or her father. Every day he sees his classmates around campus with their fathers who pick them up after school, go to their lacrosse games, and attend meetings and events at school.

Other than that, he never considered himself a jealous person. He's seen Stiles turn green with envy every time he saw Lydia with a guy, especially since she's currently dating Jackson. He never understood how another guy could make a guy jealous over a girl. It didn't make any sense to him...

Until he experienced himself.

Isaac was walking down the hall during his free period, making his way out of the building and towards the courtyard. He had been looking for his best friend, Y/N, to double check what time she would be arriving to his lacrosse game tonight. Lydia told Isaac Y/N was outside at the courtyard with Jackson.

As he walked out of the double doors, Isaac heard Y/N's voice from a distance with his werewolf hearing. The sound of her voice instantly put a smile on his face.

"You know..." Isaac heard Y/N's voice change into a low, seductive tone. Isaac had never heard her speak like that before, which caused him to slow down his pace as he paid more attention to her voice. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

Isaac's eyes widened at her raspy tone.

"Come on, baby. What do you say?" She asked.

"I say, I need a little more convincing," Jackson's tone was just as seductive as hers.

"Oh, believe me, I'll make it worth your while."

Isaac's imagination ran wild. He imagined Y/N pulling in Jackson in by the collar for a heated and lustful kiss. Or running her fingers all over Jackson's chest, tracing along the curve of his muscles. He shouldn't be surprised if Jackson was pressing her up against the wall of the building with a smirk on his face just before kissing her.

Suddenly a wave of anger washed over Isaac as his blood began to boil. He clenched his jaw and curled his fists tight. Isaac's heart was thundering against his chest, as he quickened his steps to get to the pair before anything could happen.

With her werewolf hearing, Y/N heard footsteps approaching them quickly. "Someone's coming."

"And they seem angry," Jackson added.

Isaac simply ignored them as he turned around the corner to see Jackson was leaning on the building, holding up his weight with his hands as Y/N was in between him, merely inches away from his face.

"What the hell is going on?!" Jackson pulled himself away from Y/N as she straightened herself up.

Jackson chuckled as he shook his head, knowing exactly what was running through Isaac's mind. "Isaac, it's not-"

Isaac's tight closed fight connected with Jackson's jaw, instantly stopping him from finishing his sentence.

"Isaac!" Y/N yelled as she stood in front of her angry best friend before he could throw another punch. She looked back at Jackson and noticed his nose was bleeding. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She glared, wondering what possessed over him to act like such an idiot.

"Me?!" Isaac snapped back. "What the hell is the matter with you?! You were all over Jackson! And he was about to kiss you! He has a girlfriend, Y/N!" He rambled angrily and quickly.

"We're rehearsing our one act play!" She snapped back, leaving Isaac absolutely stunned. She simply ignored him and turned around to Jackson, instantly cupping his cheeks and examined the damage Isaac did before it could heal on its own. "We should get you cleaned up."