Changes

Fall Semester

"Hey, baby."

I rolled my eyes before slamming my locker door shut and turned around to see Isaac with that stupid smirk on his perfect face. Isaac used to be a shy kid no one knew. Then overnight, he became popular. The girls loved him; the guys wanted to be him and Isaac knew it. He let the attention get to his head and automatically assumed I was one of those girls that only wanted him for one thing.

Isaac's long fingers began to play with a strand of my blonde curls. "Got any plans tonight, baby girl?"

I pushed his hand away. "None that involve you." I turned on my heel and began walking away from him.

Isaac quickly caught up to me and kept up with my pace. "You know, your chemistry class is in the other direction."

I sighed annoyed he wouldn't leave me alone. "I was willing to take the longer way to avoid you."

"Ouch," he said sarcastically. "Well now we can both take the long way to class."

I stopped and turned around to face Isaac. "What do you want?"

"You know what I want," Isaac's fingertips brushed down my forearm before grabbing my hand in his. "I want to take you out on a date."

"Not happening," I pulled away.

"Why not? Playing hard to get?" He shrugged. "That's cool. I like playing games."

I groaned. "I don't like playing games. I don't want to go out with you because-" I bit my lip.

"Do you know how sexy you look when you bit your lip?"

"That!" I exclaimed. "Is why I won't go out with you. You're such a cocky douchebag! I don't want that! I don't like that! I'm sorry, Isaac, but you and me are never going to happen!" I huffed.

"In your face, Lahey!" Stiles said as he walked up behind me. Isaac growled as he jerked his head towards Stiles. Stiles stepped back scared and immediately wrapped his arm around me and turned me around towards our chemistry class. "Run away before he hurts me," he mumbled.

Spring Semester

"So, I'll see you later?" I looked up to see Isaac getting up from his seat with his books in his hand.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Later dude," Stiles muffled with a mouth full of fries.

I watched Isaac walk out of the quad. He walked by a girl, who's book slipped from her hands after accidentally being pushed by a student who was rushing to class. Isaac picked up the book and handed it back to her with a smile. As he reached the door, he opened it and let a band student in a wheelchair wheel himself in first. Isaac then offered to pushed him to his next class. He was far from the arrogant guy from last semester.

Stiles groaned, causing me to look at him as he grabbed more fries and dipped them in ketchup before devouring them.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, curious what had Stiles annoyed.

"Isaac annoys me more than when we first met him." I raised my eyebrow, questioning what he meant. He swallowed his fries and started his usual rambling. "He was a total jerk, who kept hitting on you and suddenly he's a saint. I mean did you see him?"

I looked back where Isaac was before he disappeared from my line of vision and rested my chin on my hand. Isaac certainly had changed since I told him I'd never go out with him. Since he met Scott and helped his pack, he's changed. He's more considerate, likes to help others, and very protective. Don't get me wrong, he still had his sarcastic and sassy moments, but he's no longer a jerk. Sometime after losing the leather jacket and the cocky attitude, he actually became someone I wouldn't mind being friends or date.