I. Love. You.

There are certain moments in high school that you'll never forget. It's one of those moments you'll always look back on with a smile on your face, and retell every detail of the story to your grandkids like it happened yesterday. Because in that moment, you're experiencing a million different feelings, a thousand different thoughts are running around your mind, but it only takes one person to make that moment a memory you'll never forget and always treasure.

It was the night of the state championship and the Cyclones were winning by one point against Devenford Prep. Isaac couldn't get his head right for the game. There was a guy on the other team that kept checking out his girlfriend and saying inappropriate things.

"I'd sure like to see what's underneath that skirt of hers," the cocky jock remarked as he jogged passed Y/N on the sidelines with her cheerleading uniform on.

The same jock bit his lip underneath his helmet, trying to fight back a groan as he spoke, "I'd love to find out just how flexible she is."

"I can't wait to make her scream my name by the end of the night," the same arrogant jock smirked before Isaac ran towards him and flipped him over.

The referee ejected Isaac from the game before halftime, causing Coach Finstock to yell at Isaac, wondering what the hell had gotten into him. When Isaac snapped back and gave Coach Finstock a piece of his mind, Coach Finstock told Isaac to cool off in the locker room until he was ready to sit down and watch the rest of the game.

Isaac threw his helmet at the furthest wall in the locker room, causing the plastic headgear to bounce off quickly and land in someone's locker. Isaac's eyes were flashing gold and his nostrils flared as he tried to control his breathing, but he couldn't. He clenched his jaw tight before he curled his fingers tight into a fist and punched the wall, causing the wall to crack. Before Isaac could let out a growl, Y/N walked in.

"Isaac?" The sound of her soft voice immediately caused Isaac's heartbeat to slow down. "Where are you?"

Isaac took three deep breaths before he answered her. "In the back, by the showers."

Her steps grew louder as she reached Isaac. She placed her hand on his elbow and turned him around to look at her. "Isaac, what's wrong? What happened out there?"

As the jock's words replayed in Isaac's mind, his eyes closed and his lips formed a tight line. Y/N's hands cupped Isaac's face, gently caressing her thumbs against his cheekbones. "Babe, I need you to tell me what's wrong."

"Some asshole was being disrespectful to you! He kept saying these really inappropriate comments about you and it just made me mad! The things he kept saying about you made me want to rip his head off with my claws! No one should ever disrespect you like that! Or any other girl! That guy had it coming! He was so lucky I didn't rip him into pieces!" Isaac's words came out spewing like a volcano. His face was contorted in an all-consuming anger.

Y/N slid her hands down to Isaac's chest, which was rising and falling quickly, hoping it would calm him down. She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. She repeated her actions, this time Isaac mirroring her actions. After a few seconds, she felt Isaac's heartbeat slow down. She cupped his check once more, locking her eyes with his crystal blue eyes. "I appreciate you defending me, but hurting him wasn't the answer."

"Baby, I wasn't going to let some asshole-" Y/N pressed a finger against Isaac's lips, immediately shutting him up. He stared at her as she held his gaze. Isaac's chest was still rising and falling quickly, but he had control over his anger. As long as he would focus on her, he wouldn't let the anger boiling in his veins get the best of him.

Y/N's finger left Isaac's lips and took a couple of steps back while never breaking eye contact. She had an idea that would instantly cheer up Isaac. However, Isaac didn't understand what she was doing, but he knew if he so much as uttered one more word, she would get upset.

Y/N's tight lips broke out into a grin as she started doing the Moonwalk until her back reached the lockers. Then she put one arm in front of her like she's holding a bike handle and the other hand reached out, pretending to get something, while walking towards Isaac. As she's doing the Shopping Cart, Isaac fights the smile forming on his lips.

When she stood in front of him, she placed a hand behind her head while the other one jerked like a sprinkler. She jumped and turned around mid-air, and placed her hands on her hips while shaking her butt silly.

People go to extreme lengths to make someone happy, especially after a terrible day, like going shopping, buying jewelry, cooking dinner, baking their favorite dessert, or in Y/N's case, dancing like an idiot. She knew Isaac would tease her about her ridiculous dance moves, but she didn't care. All she cared about was making him happy.

Isaac knew he was lucky to have a girl who would do just about anything to make him smile. His anger began to fade, completely forgetting what he was mad about in the first place. He watched her butt wiggle as she shimmied her shoulders. He chuckled, "I love you."

Y/N's body immediately froze at the sound of his words. She turned around to see Isaac's eyes wide and his mouth agape, also realizing what he had said for the very first time. Isaac quickly broke the silence as he shook his head and walked towards her. "I didn't mean it like that-"

"You didn't mean it?" The hurt in her voice was evident.

"Of course I meant it," Isaac rushed out before she could think the worst. "What I meant was," he gently placed his hands on her shoulders and looked directly in her eyes. "I was going to tell you it's okay if you don't feel the same way. I don't want you to feel like you have to say it back because I said it, but I don't care whether you do or don't. All I care about is you knowing exactly how I feel about you." Y/N leaned into his touch as he cupped her cheeks, never once breaking his gaze. "I. Love. You."

Tears filled Y/N's eyes as she realized Isaac had given her his heart. She knew this was a big commitment in their relationship and as much as it terrified her, her heart swelled knowing the boy she loved loved her back.

"I love you too, Isaac." Isaac's eyes softened at her words before pulling her in and capturing her lips with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in closer as the butterflies in her stomach released and ignited throughout her body. Isaac's hands wrapped around her waist, lifted her up and hugged her tight. Y/N felt his heart thundering against his ribcage. She pulled back with a smile, her forehead resting against his before her lips ghosted over his. "Feel better?" She smirked.

"Much better," he smirked back before pulling her in for another kiss.