GenoMorphs Mental Mole

VERY F$&@ING IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!!

After your done reading, please tell me if you want next chapter to be in 3rd person or 1st person again. (Sorry for language....😢)

Astrals POV:

The guys and I had arrived at CADMUS labs by late evening. The sounds of screaming and sirens made my blood both pump with excitement and yet run cold in worry. I was kind of scared that I would mess up with these guys. I've never seen any one of them in action so I don't know how they think or move. 'Just try your best.' I remembered Black Canary would tell me when I suddenly felt unsure of myself.

We had all stopped behind a building adjacent to CADMUS, watching as local Firemen did their job. However, when KF saw that men were trapped up on the 2nd floor, he took off without a word. I parted my legs evenly, ready to help him as his level should he need it.

An explosion unexpectedly blasted from the same floor causing the men to be flung from the window they were hollering from. Thankfully, they both were able to catch the edge but now dangled dangerously.

"Hey, its whats his name....Flash boy!" One of the firemen exclaimed making me singularly snort in laughter. Wally began to run up the wall with his velocity. The fire spread and grew with every second making my breath quicken for the safety of my teammates. My hands then reacted instantly and raised to my face towards the uproar of flames. There was the feeling that the fire was right there, right at my finger tips but also a slim barrier that held it back from roasting my flesh. This was my power of fire or fire manipulation. Its easier to control when I'm mad or irritated but its still simple to handle.

"Sweet!" Robin exclaimed as they watched me as I bended the flames to my will. KF grabbed both men by their collars and flung them up to the roof while, under my command, I slowly forced back the flames until they would become manageable by the Firemen again.

The strength it took Kid to throw the men to the roof made him loose his speed thus forcing him to take the previous place of the men. "Kid Flash!" KF barked back and then looked to mutter something to himself.

"Does he always run off like that?" Aqualad asked though we remained quiet. "We need a plan." He added.

I nodded in agreement but when we turned to Robin, he was gone. I can tell already that hes just like a mini Batman....but with more emotion. We heard a distant laughter and saw that he had rushed off and used extreme acrobatics to climb up the nearby fire engine and leap from its extended ladder to the building where he helped KF.

"Get the men, I'll get the rest of the fire." I instructed to Aqualad. Atlantean's don't do well with fire.....at all. They easily dehydrate. So I need to make sure he's safe away from it while he retrieves the cizilians.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 'This is happening. I'm actually on a mission where Hal or John aren't here to correct me or save me. I need to stay calm. I need to remember what I've learned.'

I psyched myself up and sprung my leather black wings from my back, ripping my T-shirt yet again. My wings are the easiest thing about my powers that I can control. It took barely anything in me to summon them both out and retracted back.

Aqualad had already started his action by using these water bearers on his back to form a structural tornado that he rode above on. Stolen from the hose from the fire engine.

I, myself, stretched out my wings, their muscles stretching and twitching in my back. And with a single pump, I was in the air and level with the roof. My hands reached out towards the ablaze. I narrowed my eyes as I scanned them over the building and wherever my palms faced, the flames retreated.