Poison; a womans weapon

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE (PREFERABLY COMMENT) SO I KNOW I'M NOT A PATHETIC AUTHOR!!!😭

~20:38, Happy Harbor High School~

The short flight to Happy Harbor High was awkward to say the least. You'd think hearing a pin drop to the floor would shatter your eardrums the way everyone was silent. To make matters more annoying was that it wasn't even the whole ship. It was thick tension you felt between Artemis and Wally's hatred for each other. I mean, they seemed like total opposites. Wally's natural childish-openhearted behavior and then Artemis' cold and secluded type.

My face contorted weirdly as that last thought floated throughout my head. Those behaviors also sounded like.....M'gann and S.B. When I put two and two together, my face shifted to that of pure angered annoyance along with an exaggerated eye roll. Oh, my gods. Is everybody on this team just getting set up with someone? Its like now, its not only me playing matchmaker, the entire damn JL is in on it too.

The moment we got to the school, Kaldur had sent Miss M and Superboy to watch the perimeter while the rest of us protected the inside with the Dr. To say that she wasn't happy to see us instead of the JL, well......she at least could have been kinder about her reaction.

"Miss Martian, link us up." Our leader commanded of her as we had set ourselves up in the computer lab located in the High school's library which was almost completely blacked out except for a few small sources of light. Rob sitting criss-cross in the middle one of the tables off to the side with KF leaning against it as well. Artemis sitting on the edge of the table accompanied with the series of computers used for the kids and of which one the Dr was working at. Aqualad standing strongly behind the blonde researcher. I was standing in the spacey walkway between the two areas where my teammates were. "We do not want the shadows intercepting our com."

"Alright guys. Think smart, act selflessly." I said shutting off the private rooms of my mind from Megan as I felt the tug off her presence and everyone else's in my consciousness.

"You said that before. The day we went to Santa Prisca." Rob acknowledged. "Why?"

"Because dumb decisions get you hurt, maybe worse; so Think smart. And worrying about yourself and only yourself makes you a prick who people wanna kill; Act selflessly. Follow these two simple steps, things may be a lot better than you expect." I sang nonchalantly. It was actually something I learned on a trade system based planet off the edge of a sector across the universe.

Because they had no law system or government system. They had a mutual guideline between each other. Think smart when dealing with your trades; everything you own has separate values, never skimp or overreach the price of that item unless you want people not to like you and in that case no one will trade with you. That will be your demise.

Act selfless relates to the fact that everyone is connected in this system. Food, clothing, furniture, resources, they are all limited and must be used to the highest of its capability. A farmer who grows his crop and only gives a quarter to the system will most likely not touch what he did not give until it has gone spoiled in which case many others would not have had to starve due to the lack of food.

However, over the years i've come to see that, that advise meant so much more to me because of what I do. It became more of a self motto of sorts.

"Everyone online?"

"Ohh." Artemis sickly groaned, clutching her head at the sound of the martian's voice. "This is weird."