The 'real' of reality.

A/N: So.....forewarning to y'all.....this chapter has fluctuating POV's. Its only between Astral's 1st person, and 3rd person but its quite a difference compared to my other chapters. I completely understand that this is sometimes considered annoying and unbecoming of an author to a lot of you but as I really haven't felt the drive to write for a while.....this is what I've managed to accept for those who have graciously followed this book and have been waiting for an update. And to them I say thank you -so, so much- again, you guys are the sole reason this book even gets continued. Enjoy.

~16:00 October 16th, 2010. Mount Justice. Happy Harbor, RI~

In the confines of the Mount Justice lair, a palmful of mentors stood field side to their protégés while they were in the midst of a very challenging training session of sorts.

The youngsters laid backside on flat tables risen in a round pattern from the main floor. Their eyes contently closed and their bodies still as stone.

Martian Manhunter was the only being to stand in the center of them. His own red hues shut behind his lids but his arms stretched outward. Deep within his mind, a formed world made of predetermined misfortunes was set to test the teens. With J'onn as moderator, the situation began as planned.

The plot scripted was an alien invasion of immense aggression. The unbeatable Justice League was sent as first offense to these unknown incomers but were destroyed effortlessly. So seemingly, with no other option, the Young Justice would be sent as Earths final heroes to protect the planet, and save humanity.

The novice team knew of this. Each member understood this was meant to exercise their mind, push their reflexes and intelligence to the limit and find a solution to their threat. What they didn't know, however, was that the scenario was detailed to progressively worsen the more the they fought, leaving no other option but bitter submission.

The teens began their attack with strategic thought. No super ability nor earthly weapon seemed to hold any effect against the enemy so they figured to fight fire with fire. Surely, if anything, the alien's own tech would do something to aid the heroes.

So they cleverly tracked down the invading drones which had scattered from the mothership to create havoc across the globe. One in particular had traveled north alone -most likely intrigued by the foreign power of The Fortress of Solitude- and far from its brethren, allowing the perfect opportunity to strike.

The team used the camouflaging skills of both the martian bioship and human cloth to keep them in the stealth of the north pole's snowy environment. To nearly all, their uniforms had been traded for a main color of sheer white, leaving little but their signature symbols and seldom custom effects to be left alone. 

The only artificial unit to the group was Wolf. As for those who were actually in the united link, they all worked to secure the drone ship. Artemis, Aqualad, Astral and Wally kept full view of the surrounding in case of unexpected reinforcements while Robin, Miss Martian and Superboy worked to separate the ship's weapon and synch it to the martian aircraft.

Yet in time that it took for the Kryptonian to pull the device apart, a surprising backlash of power surged from the ship as one last stand and vaporized Wolf in his jump to save his unsuspecting friend.

To his death, it didn't hold much weight amongst the group. They knew to an decent extent in their subconscious that Wolf was not really gone which gave a easier transition back to the mission at hand.

But no one could control the effects of the next misfortune....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We wont let you're sacrifice be in vain, Wolf. I swear it. We will get these bastards off our planet and regret the day they entered our atmosphere...