Everyone can be a Hero

~ 21:20 October 4th, 2010 Coast City, Ca.~

Now, I'm not saying lying is good, I'm just saying I'm so good at lying, I even have Hal fooled.....all thanks to Mama Canary. 

Quickly collecting myself, I donned an annoyed look towards Hal and threw my weight onto my dominant foot, setting my arms akimbo. "Just some last minute training due to boredom. Kaldur was the only one available and he kindly offered to escort me home. No big deal."

Before even acknowledging that Hal was well on his way to saying something back against me, I turned to see Kaldur whose body discreetly stiffened at the sight of the overly protective father.

My lips pulled up slightly. If hes this nervous now, I cant imagine how he's gonna be like when I actually introduce him to Hal as my boyfriend. But thankfully, Hal wasn't all too concerned about his presence at the moment.

When Kal's eyes met mine, I winked in a quick show that I had this under control whilst I gave him a proper, formal goodbye so that I could deal with the heated Green Lantern who was continuing his argument as his figure left down the corridor.

"'No big deal?' You have a phone, Astral! I called you 10 times!"

My eyes naturally rolled with the closing click of the door. I then spun on my heel and began a pace with my walking figure. The moment I passed over Hal, I snatched his wrist and drug him to my bedroom where I dramatically opened the doorway and continued towards the direction of my bed.

"And if you would've paid attention, dear father, you would have realized my phone has been in my room, on my bedside table, like it normally is when I know I'm somewhere I dont need it." I sang in an exasperated tone, holding my palm flat out towards said object that still remained exactly where I had left it, now blinking with the notifications of Hal's calls.

And while Hal blinked in a dumbed stupor at the device, I fell into one of my own. Disappointment was setting in that I couldn't hold Kaldur with me tonight, nor was I able to even give him a kiss goodnight. Dammit, Dad.....

"Well then whats the point of me paying your phone bill if you dont use it?!"

"How do you have a bill for me if nothings being used?!" I snapped back without thought. Though, when my mind did take a millisecond to process, I realized there was more behind that retort. "And FYI, Hal, I think you forget that we have our rent, electric and water bill paid by the Wayne Family Head. The only reason you're so stingy with money is 'cause you spend it all on food but then you leave for so long, it all goes bad."

Hal's eye twitched. He knew I was right, and now the Sector Guardian was turning his gears in a way to comeback at me, yet was falling short.

In seeing his struggle, a small victorious smile rose up my lips. "Yeah, c'mon, pick a fight. I am your daughter after all, this wont end well."  But my confidence instantly chilled over just as fast as Hal's eyes changed from annoyance to mischief.

"C'mere, ya little-!"

A playful scream erupted from my throat as Hal reached to capture me in his arms. His succeeded and quickly reached down to my legs where he swung them out from under me and expertly threw me to his back where he balanced my weight on his shoulders. His fingers wiggling against my stomach where the tingle of tickling ignited more laughter.

I tried to move as little as I could without throwing Hal off. Sha'lain'a's patchwork was still fresh and I knew that too much stress on it would make it fall apart.

As his attack eased off my nerves, I realized my upper half was restrained on one side by his looping arms and the bottom half on the other side, my laughing self laying somewhat numbly.