The Spanish Cobra?

~ 20:08.June 22nd, 2016. Caribbean Sea. ~

The team and I were flying easily through the night sky in the Bio-ship on our way to a island called Santa Prisca. All of us seemed to be both excited and on edge as it was the first mission Batman had personally assigned for us. We were to investigate the trading of a neo-steroid called Venom. Apparently the previous purchase of the highly illegal drug was stopped by our predecessors but there were signs of new activity and we were sent to access the situation and report back to HQ.

"Approaching Santa Prisca." Megan announced from her seat. But aside from her informative statements, it was deadly silent in the ship. Everyone was sitting straight and faced forwards just waiting for the action, they reminded me of dolls. I was completely terrified to even twitch.

Though I couldn't blame any of them. Batman was finally giving us a chance out in the field and no one wanted to mess it up....not even myself. But there was one main thing that was bothering me. At the cave, Rob brought up the question of who was going be leader in this mission. Unfortunately, we were told to leave that decision between us. And with our past experiences, I wasnt sure where that was gonna take us.

"Drop Zone A in thirty." That was our cue. 'Our' as in Aqualad and I. Now, I had desperately hoped I wasnt going to be partnered with him for the mission. I was still confused about what I felt back at the incident with Mr. Twister and even after then, I could feel my heartbeat increase every time I was close to him. But I had to ring it in. I had to make sure my thoughts were in the here and now. the problem was, I was losing control.....fast.

We simultaneously unbuckled ourselves from our seats and rose to our feet. While I was already in my uniform that was mostly consumed in a black color, Kaldur had to press on the 'A'-like symbol on his belt to change his red skin tight shirt to a black color as well. 'Stealth-Tech', as Rob called it. The rest of our team got the same kind of equipment but that mainly consisted of Kid since Rob's uniform is already dark enough, SB already had a black shirt and Megan could change her clothes mentally. It was meant to be as a way to blend into the night but my mind was on how matched Aqualad's dark brown skin nicely.

Dammit, Astral. Stop! You have to stop!

I shook my head to remove my thoughts and put myself back together. Megan had put the ship into camouflage mode as she drove us down towards the water. When we were at a safe altitude, we got ready to drop.

"Think smart, act selflessly." I advised as they were two things I personally knew were main aspects of a mission. Just then, the floor under me pulsed away and I was plummeting down along with Aqualad.

When my skin hit the water, it was ice cold. The low temp constricting my nerves, veins, and movements, it made it hard to hold the oxygen left in my lungs. However, like always, I mastered over it. I could feel the small membranes of skin forming between my toes and fingers. My neck stung slightly as it separated for an alternate form of respiration and the relieving numbness of the chill against my entire being. Lastly was my eyes, seeming to be enveloped by a small dark glow before receding for the ability to see through the pitch black water.

Taking in a filtered breath of sea water air, I nodded to Aqualad who was waiting patiently for me. His gray eyes that illuminated under the water seemed entranced in my transformation to my new form and I couldn't tell what that meant.

Nevertheless, he quickly looked away and took lead as we entered island territory. There were older marine bombs chained to the sea floor and a white threaded net spreading around the perimeter. We cautiously swam around the bombs and Kaldur easily took care of the net with a swing of his water bearer sword. Like normal, his eel tattoos brightened in a turquoise color as his used his magic.