The truth told behind a lie

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE GUYS I LOVE HEARING WHAT YOU THINK BUT FAIR WARNING, EVEN I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY REALLY CHOPPY AND I WILL FIX IT AT SOME POINT. PLEASE ENJOY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! LOVE Y'ALL!!!!!!

~06:39 Sept 7th, 2010. Happy Harbor, RI. Mount Justice~

The morning was peaceful and starting off on an exciting note as Superboy and M'gann were attending their first days of human education at the local High School of Happy Harbor.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of the two attending school and making lives for themselves on Earth was a fantastic idea but I was still worried that they both weren't accustomed enough with human mannerisms to be properly integrated quite yet. Nevertheless, I had to trust J'onn and red tornado's call and let them go.

While I wasn't in any way excited to be up at 5 am, I felt very proud in my efforts to make myself useful in the morning, preparing breakfast for everyone within the cave. Today's menu consisted of what I figured would suit everyone taste. For Superboy, I made a meatlovers skillet, Megan got poppy seed french toast, Kaldur received a seafood omelette and, finally, J'onn got crepes with an assorted selection of jams to add it with. And while red tornado was there as he always was; he doesn't exactly eat at all.

It was a lot of work but it was worth it.

Presently, our mentors, Kal, and I were walking in sequence with Megan levitating ahead of us down the corridor to the 'parking garage' of the cave. In the floating green martain's hand were the paper bagged lunches she had made for them. Superboy was already there tweaking his motorbike as Megan had prepared their midday meals. Thankfully, she already knew to make something simple like a pb&j with some chips and soda and not some of the better dishes that she and I had been previously practicing on. 

Even from the tunnel, I could already see Sphere beeping around the muscled mechanic, rolling around the bike as though she was jealous it was getting more attention than her.

"Alright, alright."  A reluctant smirk appeared as Superboy was defeated to giving Sphere the petting she desired.

It was still a little bit of a shock to me how much this intellectual piece of software and tech was so alive.  It showed emotion such as the jealous previously mentioned and loyalty towards Superboy. I had often wondered if Sphere was an earth object. While she did seem like a physical representation of the human intellect, it was my fascination with her emotional aspect that gave way to questioning that assumption. Nevertheless, as long as Sphere was in our hands, she wouldn't be used or tortured by evil anymore.

"Ready for school?" Questioned Megan with a high pitched tone of pure happiness. Her body remained at a steady height over the ground, gliding down the stairs to S.B's bike. The paper bags cracked against itself as sound while being placed on the seat of the vehicle. "I made our lunches!"

"The first day of the scholastic season carries great cultural resonance," John had began as the rest of our posse set ourselves before the two. "We want to wish you both well."

"Guess its not a Kyrptionian thing." S.B commented, looking off to the side of the garage.

I looked off into the distance for a moment to hold myself together. My heels rocked back in forth as I thought of how little would he like to know how advanced his genetic mother planet actually was.

"You'll both do completely fine." I assured. "School itself is not exactly 'fun', I'll admit, but it is a place where you'll make more friends and great memories. Just.....do us all a favor, Supy," All my weight was shifted on to one leg as I brow rose towards the boy. "Dont get in a fight on your first day."