Under the Sea

Because I'm having a bit of an issue planning out the next episodes of YJ with Astrals delightful presence, heres another filler. So sorry guys, I'm trying to work as fast as I can. 😅 Enjoy!

~11:30 October 4th, 2010. Coast City, Ca.~

Today was, so far, one of those rare days off we heroes got from time to time. Of course, that could change at any minute; but right now, I was atop the roof of my apartment complex. My bikini dressed self laid on a beach chair, taking in the warming rays of the sun.

Not many people came up here. Its occupants normally consisted of the small handful of smokers in the building who needed to get their fix. But I had locked the only door leading up here so my privacy was assured.

"You can see the whole city from up here."

"Holy-!"

I had recognized the voice instantly but that still didn't stop the shock of surprise that came with their appearance. Yet, also knowing who it was, my wings immediately sprung from my back and folding over my figure as I shot upright.

"Kaldur'ahm!" I whined, turning to glare at his smirking face as he pretended to casually admire the scenery. "How did you get up here? How did you know I was up here?!"

I wasn't so afraid of Kaldur seeing my other scars, he had already witnessed them before on the day the team went swimming. But the large one that remained across my ribs was still an issue in my own consciousness and in the midst of my glare towards him, I made a matching mirage to the one I created that very same day. 

"The 'pull' led me." He answers lowly, pressing forward a couple steps to stand before my now exposed to daylight, half naked self where he planted a quick kiss to my cheek. "I'll always find you."

The warmth of my love caught up with me, pressing a wide smile over my face at his romantic answer. But then I noticed that he held his left hand just slightly farther behind his back and I instantly grew curious. "Whats that you got there?" I playfully asked, jerking my chin in the direction of his secret.

"The, um, knob." He fumbled, pulling out said object from behind him and rolling it lightly in his hand.

My wide eyes instantly snapped to the solitary roof door that stood not too far to my right. And there it swung, back and forth ever so casually in the whisking breeze with the knob portion basically ripped from the wood itself.

I was completely still with awestruck. "How did I not hear that?!"

"That was my question as well. I did knock, but then figured you merely already knew it was me."

If my brows rose any further, they could be confused for my actual hair. He knocked???? And jerked the knob straight out the door??? "No. I just plain went deaf for a few minutes........" I muttered in amazed fear to myself. But in an effort to forget this strange interaction, I hasted to change the subject. "Its fine. Why are you here?"

"I have an adventure for us." He stated calmly, reaching to the side of my head where he gently pulled on a tendril of my swirling colored locks. "You are not allowed to inquire our destination and must follow everything I say."

"Hmm, sounds interesting. What brought this up?"

His eyes locked with mine, his eyelids hanging lower over his grey irises as if he was trying to analyze something on my face. "Since our....confession. I've been thinking of us, how we still hide from our friends."

My hands instantly reached behind his neck, pulling him in close where I began to play with the blonde buzzed fuzz that was in the same general space. "We're not hiding, Kaldur. We're being professional." I responded reasonably. "We both know our priorities. We will have days like this; time for one another and to be together. But in the cave, on missions, we are the Young Justice first."