Painfully Healing Treatment

ALRIGHT GUYS!!!!!! SO IF YOU HAVENT HEARD YET, SEASON 3 OF YOUNG JUSTICE HAS BEEN APPROVED AND IS COMING OUT SOON!!!!! OMG OMG I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED. HOWEVER, IN RELEVANCE TO THIS BOOK, I WILL BE COMPLETING IT IN THE WAY I IMAGINE IT SHOULD END.

~09:36 The Cave. August 17th, 2010. Happy Harbor, RI~

"Oh, no." Hal started with the utmost strictness. His fingers took hold of my shoulders in a quick reach and shook me back to his figure as I tried to step for the zeta tube. "No, no, no, no. There is absolutely No way I'm gonna let you go back out there."

"But Hal, I-" I couldn't stay here! I had to help them! The feeling steadily grew in the pits of my stomach. Which, in turn, increased my worry about my team.

"Are you serious right now? Astral, you just woke up from a poison induced co-ma! Who knows what lurking aftermath its done to your body!" A build of tears started in the bottoms of my eyes, threatening to pool over. They weren't tears of sadness but tears of anguished frustration. I was so tempted to yell back into Hal's face, 'Dont tell me how to live my life!'

Hal stood strong. My breaking down state not wavering him in the slightest. He leaned over to my height, looking me directly in my variety colored eyes. "As much as you would like to be the barrier to take all the hits, I cant let you do that!"

I was about to backlash at my adoptive father when I was unexpectedly enveloped in a blanket of heat. My head went fuzzy at the intense temperature. Sweat quickly beaded and rolled down my forehead. "Damn." I said with weak exasperation. "Who cranked up the heat in here?"

Hal's brows furrowed once again, his hand reaching forward and pressing his palm against my face. "AJ, it has to be a good 65 degrees in here and your burning up."

I didn't understand it either. The sensation wasn't enveloping me but emanating from within my own self. I knew this couldn't have been an after effect of the poison but I also knew this wasn't exactly my own feeling.

So my last source of reason was him.

All of a sudden, that overwhelming heat turned to cold. My nerves sucked in this sudden change and I began to shiver. My skin shaking to generate the heat my body now craved. 'Kaldur, what is going on over there?'

"Jesus!" Hal cried, repelling his hand and quickly taking off his beloved jacket and wrapping me in its warm holdings. "What the hell?!"

"I-I-Its," I began in a quite voice and chattering teeth.

Hal didn't seem to hear me and yelled out to the hollowed out mountain. "Computer, increase cave thermostat." His palms rubbed up and down my arms as well as my back, friction warming in various places as he did so but none of it staying to replenish my normal temperature.

I then closed my eyes and concentrated. Concentrated on what was drawing me to come to this state. I could feel him. I could feel Kaldur and the chill that his own body was being inhibited by. A small sliver of a sight was brought to my concealed hues. There was a blanket of snow surrounding me. Flakes falling upon topped hills of the sky's powder. I saw Artemis and Wally, their hands gripped upon some sort of staff. I couldn't hear anything albeit their movements and facial expressions told me that they were scared as they couldn't seem to let go of it. In a moment, they were lurched from their spots and thrown through the air and disappeared in a flash of light.