i

|november 2006, age 8|

"are you actually saying you think majora's mask is better than the ocarina of time?" the red head asked furious.

michael shrugged, "there are just too many cut scenes in the ocarina of time."

lily had never met anyone who played and loved the same game as her, but now that she did, he had a totally obscure view on it.

"you know the twilight princess is coming out on sunday you gonnna wait in line at game stop for it?" michael asked.

lily sighed, "i wish, but my dad would never let me out that late, or let me sleep on the ground for a video game."

"if you'd like, maybe you could come over to play it, when i get it" michael smirked.

sure michael preferred the wrong game in the series, but he was being nice to lily. most kids lily's age didn't like her because all she talked about was her favorite video games, especially the legend of zelda.
the only person lily knew that cared about video games as much as her was her older brother noah, but he went of to college last year. noah was the one who taught her how to play video games actually, and when he moved out, he left all his games for lily to keep.

noah wasn't lily's only sibling, she also had an older sister colleen, who was two years above lily. colleen and lily didn't get along for many reasons. colleen had lots of friends, and lily's only real friend was noah, but he wasn't around anymore.

"here, i'll give you my home phone number, you can call me tonight and my dad can talk to your mom and i can come over." lily rambled writing her phone number down with her pink hi-lighter, the only writing utensil she could find in the bottom of her book bag.

"oh well this is my stop, i'll call you later, bye lily." michael smiled getting off the bus with lily's number in hand.

once it was lily's stop she hopped off the bus and ran to her house which wasn't that far, she just liked running.

her dad was waiting for her outside her house. only when lily was inside (after colleen had caught up, she liked to walk) her dad asked them the basic question, "how was school girls?"

"i made a friend!" lily piped up.

colleen giggled, "you made a friend? what's her name?"

"well," lily looked down, "it's not a girl, and his name is michael."

this made colleen laugh ever more, "oooo lily has a boyfriend!"

"hey he's not my boyfriend, he's just a boy that's my friend!" lily defended. "there was no where else to sit on the bus so he sat next to me and when he saw my backpack be said he liked zelda, too!" lily told her dad excitedly.

"well that's great lily, maybe i could meet him sometime." her dad smiled.

"he even said i could go over his house and play twilight princess, because he's getting it the day it comes out so i gave him my number and he said he'd call!"

colleen rolled her eyes, "puh-lease, he's never going to call."

"colleen be nice to your sister," her dad scolded.

"it's true," colleen whispered.

it wasn't true, michael had called and lily went over the next friday.

"wow michael, your house is huge!" lily said when she walked in.

michael shrugged, "eh, i guess. so after dinner my mom said we could go up to my room and play the new game!"

"you have a tv and a game cube in your room!?" lily eyes widened.

michael nodded proudly, and led lily to the dining room.

lily thought michael's mom was very very nice. she cooked them dinner and gave them ice cream. after the two ate, they went to michael's room and got the game set up.

michael decided to talk to lily while his game cube was turning on. "so what other games do you play?"

lily sighed, "well i have most of the marios and donkey kongs, basically just nintendo."

"same here," michael said, "i really never wanted an xbox or playstation, so my parents just got me a ds lite for my birthday on monday."

"you're birthday was monday?! why didn't you tell me? i could've made you a card or something!"

"it's not that big of a deal," michael said casually. "i only like birthdays for the presents."

michael had taught lily how to play for a little, and then let her play until it was time to go home.

lily had so much fun at michael's house that she went again in two weeks. and everyday michael and lily sat next to each other on the bus.

and lily was very glad there were no seats left on the bus that day, because if not she would've met her best friend.

+

new fanfic i know i know i shouldn't have

idk how long this will be but each chapter will be a different stage in their friendship up until senior year and once it is senior year it'll stick that way i guess like... it's hard to explain just read the book

also be proud of me i have to research all these dates and such of when a certain game came out and all that jazz

and disclaimer: i am not fusajiro yamauchi so therefore i didn't create nintendo nor do i own it , meaning all the nintendo stuff i mention belongs to nintendo not me

but i hope you caught on with that

last thing: lily is a ginger so picture her like that if you want

i won't do a/ ns at the end of all the chapters (hopefully)

alright byeeee