xi

|michael's third person|

he was furious. justin had been nothing but an ass to lily. she didn't deserve any of it. and because of him she didn't even have a prom. he had hurt someone michael had known nearly his whole life. michael just wanted lily to be happy, and justin made her unhappy and didn't even care.

it was a monday, and that meant school. and school meant everyone would share their prom stories. michael did have fun at prom, when he wasn't worrying about lily.

so he drove lily to school, and they split off into their homerooms.

now emma was in michael's homeroom, and emma was also with justin last night. michael saw the two of them dancing, not like the dancing michael and samantha did but a little friendlier than that.

"but i'm so glad he left her i mean she's been with him for like two years and never even did it?" he heard one of emma's friends, cora say.

"honestly though he was good. she missed out big time." emma laughed.

keep calm michael don't throw a table or some shit he said to himself.

thank goodness the morning announcements came on and emma and cora were forced to shut up.

by lunch, michael had come to the conclusion that the whole senior class knew about lily and justin. lily didn't even meet michael in the lunch room.

he couldn't take anymore of it, he had to do something.

+

lily's third person

lily didn't know what happened, but she just decided to tell the nurse she didn't feel well and have hee dad or colleen pick her up. she left michael a text saying not to wait for her and go home without her.

everyone had known lily was some virgin mary freak. it shouldn't have bothered her, but she felt guilty. she felt as if she was to blame. that she messed up. so instead of having to deal with it all, she waited for a ride home right before lunch.

in about ten minutes, her dad's car had pulled up on the side of the sidewalk.

except when she got inside it wasn't her dad, or colleen, it was noah.

"hey little sis," he smiled, which made lily smile.

"what are you doing here? i thought you were in england?"

noah shrugged, "i like my countries to be free."

noah didn't question why lily was going home, which was good. he took them out to lunch and had a brother-sister talk about video games and how much school sucks, and college. lily still didn't know where she wanted to go, just that she wanted to major in graphic design or something artistic.

"well what schools have you looked at so far?" noah asked.

"not much, i'm still waiting to hear from miami university of art and design, american university, and an art institute in colorado and dallas."

"i think whatever happens, you'll be amazing. and remove college is the only place people don't judge you like crazy."

+

when lily got home there was nothing from any of the colleges she applied to yet. she let noah sleep because of jet lag, and she also let herself sleep. it was about three thirty or so when lily woke up, she would've slept longer if the doorbell hadn't gone off. so she dragged herself out of bed and opened the door. it was michael, with a bruise on his cheek and blood on his knuckles.

"what the hell happened?!" shouted lily.

"he hurt you, and he had to pay." michael said flatly.

"you beat up justin?" she asked surprised.

"yeah, i'm also suspended for two days."'

lily pulled michel inside and led him to the kitchen and for out some ice for michael's cheek. "you are one amazing person you know?"

+

it had been about a week since noah came over. he said he wanted to stay to see his sister graduate, and lily wasn't complaining.

she was however complaining about not getting any letters back from any schools except a rejection from american university, and the school in colorado.

but today, noah came from the mailbox with a wide grin and a white envelope.

"noah do not tell me where it's from i made a promise to michael i would find out where i'm going when he does!".lily said plugging her ears.

"alright, alright, how about i ex out the address so you have no clue."

lily nodded and returned to her sandwich.

once she was bored again she texted michael telling him she got a letter from a college.

from: mikey xx

same, but i haven't opened it yet don't worry. i also don't know which school it's from. but i'll be over in five

so in five minutes lily and michael would find out where they might go to college. lily had either dallas or miami, and michael had some places in maine and austin.

michael showed up with an envelope and sat next to lily on her living room couch.

"alright, on three. one, two, three."

michael and lily ripped open their envelopes.

"oh my gosh!" lily said putting her hand over her mouth. "i got accepted into miami."

"i got accepted to the university of maine!" michael smiled hugging lily tightly.

and a few days later michael was rejected from austin, and lily was accepted to dallas. her final choice was miami, and well michael didn't have much of a choice.

and that meant separation, which neither of them were ready for.

+

there's like two chapters left what even

also this is really scattered but it was kinda just an explanation of everything so...

enjoy some ultra feels in the next chapter