vii

|march 2015, age 18|

"so what movie do you wanna watch?" asked justin. lily took the remote and began scrolling through netflix.

"hm... i've always wanted to watch clueless."

justin groaned, "that's a chickflick though."

"alright well what else can we watch?"

"uh... we can watch a horror movie?" justin suggested.

"i've never seen one." lily shrugged.

"seriously? okay we have to watch one."

lily reluctantly agreed as justin picked out for them to watch the exorcist.

there was a good reason lily had held off watching a horror movie for eighteen years. watching it was torture or lily, but justin seemed to love it, so she didn't complain.

after the movie justin shut the tv off so it was totally dark, aside from lily's small bedside lamp.

"um, do you mind if i turn another light on-" but she was cut off with an intense kiss from justin, which led to a make out session. justin put one hand under lily's thigh and one hand grazing at the bottom of her shirt, probably tempted to remove it all together. which he started to while his other hand was moving to the front of her thigh and slowing making his way up it.

"so i'll see you tomorrow?" lily said quickly, breaking off the kiss.

"uh, yeah okay." said justin slightly disappointed.

lily just wasn't ready for it. she didn't love justin, did she? maybe she was just over reacting. but nonetheless she didn't want to go that far.

so she kissed justin goodnight and he left.

as lily sat on her bed alone she started to get scared. that movie was freaking her out. she knew it wasn't real, but her imagination was running.

she couldn't sleep especially in an empty house. her dad was out on a work trip and since colleen was off at college, lily was the only one in the house.

lily played some music, that still didn't work. the tv didn't work either. her only solution was to walk to michael's. so she grabbed her flashlight, slipped on her converse and climbed out her window.

she was of course still scared of being out alone in the almost dark, so she walked faster than normal.

within a few minutes she was there, climbing up the side of michael's house with the vine growing up to the roof. she tapped on his window and he slid it open just wearing his grey sweatpants.

"can i stay over tonight?" lily asked.

"yeah of course." said michael closing the window behind lily. "why?"

"well justin insisted on watching some horror movie, and it kinda freaked me out and since i'm home alone tonight and i just don't want to be alone..."

"why didn't justin just stay over?"

lily looked down at her feet, "well i just... after the movie... i think if i didn't stop him, we would've... and i don't think... but now i feel like he's gonna break up with me if it doesn't happen soon. i shouldn't have to make him wait right?"

"lil, don't think you have to do something you don't want to." michael said as lily kicked her shoes off.

"i know it just makes me feel bad. like if we broke up it would be my fault." she shrugged.

"it wouldn't be your fault. it would be his for trying to rush you."

"why are you so wise?" lily chuckled, feeling slightly better.

and soon enough they had fallen asleep.

lily thought for a while about justin at school the next morning. of course he was there at her locker. she said hello and have him a quick peck.

"so wanna come over after school." justin smirked.

"we are not watching another horror movie." lily sais flatly.

"that's not what i had in mind." he mumbled leaning into the crook of her neck leaving sloppy kisses anywhere he could before lily pulled away and wiped her neck with her jacket sleeve.

"well, what did you have in mind exactly?"she asked nervously.

"you know what i mean," justin said pulling lily towards him by the waist.

"justin..." she groaned.

"save that for later okay baby." he winked.

"i won't have sex with you, sorry."

justin looked as if someone just spoiled his favorite tv series, "what?"

"i just... i'm not ready and, i want it to be special i guess."

"how about prom?" justin suggested.

"maybe." lily said as the morning announcements began. "anyways, i'll see you later."

justin didn't reply, instead he just walked off to his first period class.

+

um so yeah it's senior year so the rest of the story will take place in this time zone