iii

|july 2011, age 13|

ah summer, lily and michael's favorite time of the year. why? because no school equals more time to play video games and hang out. summers with lily and mikey consist of walking to each other's houses, playing video games, going to the pool, and drinking pop on weekdays.

but today wasn't a joyus occasion for lily. she had gotten that ever so awkward surprise they teach you about in health. honestly lily was terrified. her mom moved out when she was five, for some reason lily's dad never told her. so right now lily was alone. i mean there was colleen, but she was in her room all day and lily didn't want to be a burden. and how would her dad know anything about feminin stuff. it's not like lily had any fellow female friends to talk to about this, her only real friend was michael, because for some reason lily never got along with girls.

as lily sat on her bed feeling super uncomfortable, there was a tapping on her window. michael.

michael didn't have to climb up a tree or anything to get to her window. lily's room was on the first floor, well second floor technically, because of the basement.

lily slowly got up and pushed up her window letting michael in.

"so..." michael began "swimming today. it's supposed to be really hot outside!"

lily's stomach did a backflip. in health class, she remembered hearing no swimming during the uh, monthly visit. because she was unable to speak, she just shook her head making her long red hair swing back and forth.

"why not?" michael asked. "are you sick or something?"

"something like that," lily mumbled.

"are you alright?" he asked worried.

there were tears brimming lily's eyes threatening to fall if she spoke another word. so she shook her head again.

"what's the matter," michael said sitting on her bed, lily sat down as well. "no lil don't cry." he out his arm around her shoulder. "you can tell me."

"you wouldn't understand," lily cried.

"what? you know you can tell me anything."

lily once again shook hee head, "not this. it's- it's sort of a girl thing."

"oh," michael said realizing what the problem at hand was. "maybe colleen can help you?"

"i don't want to bother her." lily shrugged wiping away tears.

"c'mon lily, she'll understand."

"oh alright," lily sighed. and so she went upstairs to colleen's room and knocked on the door.

"who is it?!" colleen yelled tiredly.

"um, your sister."

colleen opened the door, "what do you want?" she snapped.

"uh, well, i, i um, i need your help."

"with what!"

lily took a deep breath, "i got..."

"oh my gosh just get in here i'll help you." colleen pulled lily by the shoulder and shoved her into her room.

so colleen helped lily for once in her life.

and after colleen told lily all the facts and what not, lily went back to her room to find michael still waiting on her bed.

"so do you wanna see a movie or something?" he asked.

"sure, what movie?" lily smiled. michael was always the one to make lily's awkward moments, not at all awkward.

"well, we can see the last harry potter? or that selena gomez movie." he suggested.

"hm... since i have yet to read all the harry potter books, the selena gomez one."

"sounds good, i'll ask my mom to drop us off."

within the next twenty minutes, the two were sitting in the theatre eating popcorn, and throwing it at each other.

"michael, the movie hasn't even started yet and we barely have any popcorn!" lily whisper shouted.

"so?" michael laughed.

lily rolled her eyes playfully as the movie began. it was basically about selena gomez being mistaken for some princess who looks just like her and the princess has to be some teenage girl.

lily and michael thought it was really boring, but they just whispered to each other the whole time.

after the movie michael's mom picked them up and drove back to michael's house. where the two spent the rest of the day hanging out.

it was pretty dark out by the time lily walked home. but it didn't really matter, lily wasn't afraid of the dark.

+

|september 2011, age 13|

"you ready for your first day of eighth grade?" lily's dad asked her.

"of course," lily lied. she was nervous, and just terrified. seventh grade wasn't exactly smooth sailing for her. it's not like she failed anything, but people were more mean in middle school, and lily didn't exactly fit in. she was smaller and skinnier than most kids her age, and she basically had one friend in the whole school.

"bye sweetie, i love you okay. have fun!" her dad said as her bus came.

lily waited alone in her seat at the very front for barely five minutes, then it was michael's stop. he got on the bus and sat next to lily. they exchanged hellos and stayed silent after that.

but lily broke the silence, "michael i'm really nervous."

"what? why?" michael asked concerned.

"i just... i barely got through seventh grade, and i feel like eighth grade will be worse!" lily rambled panicked.

"lil, it's going to be okay. hey, remember we have a lot of classes together!" michael reminded her.

lily sighed, "i guess you're right."

+

if you're confused with their ages, michael was born november of 1997 and lily was born february 1998 so they're in the same grade but michael is older than lily but only by a few months

aannnd i find this so easy to write so double update aye

also this chapter was awkward af in the beginning but ya know it's a girl thing

okay byeeee