viii

|april 2015, age 18|

"so we're seriously doing this?" michael asked.

"yes, yes we are." lily said tugging him  at his sleeve into the shop.

"but i know nothing about prom dresses!" he complained.

"well neither do i!"

"ugh alright i'll help."

"okay so i'm an extra small so we have to choose between these dresses." she and michael walked behind a rack full of lily's size.

there were dresses in multiple colors and styles.

"um... so like what color do you want?" michael said examining a short yellow dress.

"okay well not that." she pulled the yellow dress away from michael. "it reminds me of big bird."

"well, just be more specific on what you want."

"fine, i want to look like... a princess."

"awe but you always look like a princess," michael said jokingly engulfing his best friend in a hug.

"okay michael," lily rolled her eyes and looked at a blue half up half down dress.

"how about this?" michael said pulling out a short greyish purple dress.

"it's good except i'm short and a short dress would make me look shorter," she explained. "here, i'll try on a few of these and then you can help me pick out which one."

michael sat on a white living room chair outside of lily's was dressing room and waited for her to show him.

the first dress was a long, pink, dress with sparkles on the top. michael turned it down saying it wasn't her color, and was more regina george than a princess.

lily's second option was a dark purple dress, that michael said was too poofy.

then the half up half down blue one, that was marked as a maybe.

and the last dress was a long greyish purple dress, the same color as the short one. it had a few sparkles on the top. when lily came out of the dressing room michael was speechless. she looked just like a princess.

"that, defiantly that." michael said making lily blush.

+

prom was just a few weeks away, and lily was determined to get michael a date.

"what about anna?" she suggested.

"we haven't spoken since the fifth grade when she dumped me." said michael taking a bite of his sandwich.

"okay then that girl in your calc class, celia or something."

"cecelia already has a date," he said over the loud noise of the crowded lunchroom.

"just ask someone who you know doesn't have a date and just wants to go for fun... or maybe you could find someone who likes you and wants to go with you."

"yeah well that's not gonna happen, so who do you know that's single?"

lily thought for a minute, she didn't know many girls too closely, but she was at least in the know. "that girl in your latin class, samantha."

"oh yeah, but she has a boyfriend."

"who goes to a different school." lily smirked.

so michael asked samantha if she wanted to go to prom with him, as friends. and she agreed.

+

this chapter is short but wow prom !!

and i'm thinking this might be a short story?? like it's almost over i think but we'll see

also if anyone guess what princess lily is supposed to look like then you get surprise oooo