Two.

"Éna"

The two white slits on my back began to peal open, slowly. Since They only just grew full size, it did hurt when they came out If I was honest but I didn't care. This was my third flight class and the last two ended up in flames.

"Dío"

Why did she have to count to three in greek? the sound of her voice didn't calm me at all, my wings unfolded and extended high behind me, ready to push me off the ground as soon as she said-

"Tría!"

I flapped once and pushed through the pathway leaving a trail of sand behind me. From my preferal vision I saw Isobelle merely stand and watch, shit not again. She told me If the force form my wings was able to knock her off her feet then I was strong enough to fly from any enemy but once again she stood tall, strong and unbreakable. I didn't let me bug me, I continued to fly low, dodging thorns and bramble. Bushes and tree branches. I was gliding gracefully; taking sharp turns through the woodland pathway and flying fast, I had to get out of this wood in under fifteen seconds, talk about pressure.

I saw the opening of the wood, the sun beaming down on the glorious finish line. But I felt my body began to cave, I was slowing down, losing power.

"No!" I gasped. With one last flap of my wings I passed the finish line and hovered. Allowing my wings to gently relax and place me on the ground slowly, my vision was hazy, the sand which floated around us choked me. It always chokes me.

"Twenty seconds" Dean told me.

It was a punch in the stomach, Every time I finish this course I always get either twenty seconds or twenty five seconds. Never below and that put me down, I sulked and bit my lip. "It's still not good enough" I whispered.

"Eli honey, your doing great. You get stronger everyday" Isobelle smiled.

"Dad did this course a million times and he always got to the finish line in under five seconds!"

"Your father has been an angel for a heck of a lot longer than you. Your wings only just grew a year ago, don't let it dishearten you" Dean said "Your a strong little monkey"

I lightly laughed at his comment. He's been calling me a little monkey ever since I was three when he got me a monkey costume and I refused to take it off.

"So" Isobelle smiled as she brushed her chestnut brown hair from her face "I hear we're taking you to a party?"

"Yep" I giggled as I retracted my wings.

She narrowed her eyes "Without a chaperone"

"Without a chaperone Aunt Issy" I repeated.

"What did it take for them to say yes" Dean said in a deep, teasing voice. What I loved about this couple was that they can be serious but we can also tease each other like we're best friends "Bribe them with wine? a romantic get away?"

My shoulders slumped and I sighed "No Demetre, I wish I could have done that. It took a monologue off the top of my head for them to say yes"

"Really?" He sounded surprised "With your devious little brain I expected more from you"

We all laughed as I grabbed my spare change of clothes from Dean's car in the car park of High greene woods. Aunt Thalia's car was no where to be seen, they only just dropped me off. As I went into the cubical toilets the woods had kindly put up for pedestrians and stripped off my sweaty sweat pants and T-shirt and put on Jeans, a white peplum top and boot heels. Soon re applying my make up and within ten minutes I didn't look like a zombie anymore. In the car I watched trees float by, the woods becoming a green blur in the distance. We had to travel quite far out of town to train because we didn't want to do it in the open, keeping creatures like us a secret is top priority.