Twenty four.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones. Smoke may fill my corrupted lungs but you, oh darling, will be the first to kill me"

~*~

"You're leaving"

"What?" I gasped.

He threw his shirt onto the bed and sighed "You heard me"

"I'm not going anywhere" I told him sternly. I wasn't leaving, I wasn't.

He turned around with an anger so great that I took a step back although he still came closer "You're leaving. Break starts tomorrow, you're off for two weeks but after those two weeks you do not come back understand? Or else they'll kill you"

I pursed my lips "Then I'll kill them first"

"This isn't a game Elyza. They will kill you"

"I can protect myself Noah, I'm not a child" I shook my head.

"You're sixteen" he reminded me.

I raised an eyebrow "Oh so sixteen suddenly makes a child?"

He groaned and dragged his hands down his face "Yes- I mean no it's just-"

"It's just what" he thinks I'm a child, I can take care of myself, if I couldn't take care of myself then those ten years of fighting lessons were absolutely meaningless.

He grabbed my shoulders and lightly shook me, as if trying to wake me up or maybe trying to help me see his point of view "I can't lose you!" He said angrily. His eyes began to change, a gory shade of red, it was a slight change but I saw it. Nothing else changed, just the fear in his eyes grew more and more; it was then that I saw him. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and I saw his soul, how broken he was, how completely lost he was, how afraid he was. "I've lost everyone and I can't lose you too" he breathed; defeat in his voice.

I took his trembling hands away from my shoulders and held them in my hands. He was burning, like he was on fire but I didn't mind the heat. "You're not going to lose me Noah. I promise"

His eyes glassed with water, he was completely broken.

~*~

Noah told Coven and he was completely shocked which then followed with anger. How can the council do something like this under his nose, they boosted security, became harsher with the students; they tried to find who the crossbreed taking my place was without letting the council know they know.

Even Coven agreed sending me home for good was a good idea. I'd not only have Noah's protection but I'd have five vampires, two wolves and an angel protecting me too. No one one would dare lay a finger on me according to him.
Coven told my dad, obviously, Angel to Angel. My dad was furious of course but then he became protective, I came home and they immediately told me I wasn't allowed out without a chaperone.

Yes a prisoner in my own home.

I sat hopelessly on the couch contemplating what I could do, it's only been a week and I'm bored stiff. Josh had his first day of nursery, so I couldn't play with him, mom
And dad were at work, uncle Rixon and Callum were 'on patrol' apparently; aunt Thalia was out running errands and so was Tristan, the only person here in the house with me was Isobelle.

"You look tired" came her soft voice. She walked into the room with authority, like she was ready to have a fight with what ever demon walked through the door.

Her brown hair was wild and unbrushed but she still looked beautiful.

I sighed "I'm just bored"