Ten.

"Is it okay if I steal Elyza from a you?"

I'd already finished my breakfast and Zoe and I were talking about giving me a guided tour of the whole institute instead of being cooped up in just one side of the building.

Zoe blinked and then smiled at the boy behind us "Oh Hi Noah, you can take Eli, just don't keep her too long; we haven't had our bonding session yet" we both giggled.

Noah ran his hand through his dark hair and smirked "What about me? don't I get to be with her?"

"Erm" I chipped in "Your always with me bare in mind you kidnapped me from my own house yesterday"

"What's with you and kidnapping people ey?" Zoe slapped his arm gently. He clutched his arm acting as if the clap actually hurt but I doubted it, with that muscle a punch wouldn't hurt him.

"It wasn't a kidnap I just came to pick her up" he told her then turned to me "Are we still on for our lunch date"

From the corner of my eye I saw a grin on Zoe's face, her eyes the size of watermelons and her lip wedged between her teeth.

"Yeah" I smiled "Your buying I'm guessing, you can make up for kidnapping me"

"Anything for you Angel" No, don't say that. Don't call me angel, how was I meant to ignore his succubus powers when they were practically reeling me in and I was letting them.

I smiled slightly and shot up from my seat "Shall we go?" then turned to Zoe "I'll see you later"

"Okay" she nodded "I'll come by your room after lunch"

Nodding, I turned to leave the cafeteria with Noah by my side. The stares had stopped now, thank god, I met a lot of nice cross breeds and they weren't as scary as they looked. Walking down the halls at a quick pace I wondered why he was in such a hurry, his long legs could take large strides along the carpet where as my short legs made sure I took small steps to try and keep up with the nineteen year old. By the time we reached the library I was panting, Noah was unfazed yet I felt like I'd ran a marathon.

"Next time, please acknowledge my short legs and that I walk much slower than you" I breathed.

He laughed "Not my fault your too short"

Asshole.

Coven emerged from the steps wearing a gold robe, he looked like a famous priest or something, he carried himself well and anyone could tell his importance in this institute "Good morning Elyza"

"Good morning Coven" I smiled.

He rubbed his hands together "We will begin our tests today, but first I would like you to meet the council of ten"

Behind him, nine black hooded figures emerged, hands in their cloaks; head bowed and demeanour overwhelming and fearful. I gulped hard and glanced at Noah who's smile was more than reassuring. It was as if they had rehearsed this, their heads slowly lifted and what I saw was frightening. They had no eyes. Not only did they have no eyes but thorns pierced out of their skin, covering some of their face and all of their heads. They looked like demons from a horror movie, their faces emotionless and their hearts made of stone.

"Elyza"

I jumped when the third figure muttered my name. I could hear my heart pumping in my ears. "Y-yes?" I mumbled.

"I am Ronah. Part of the council of ten. You have been brought here because you are special, and we must protect the chosen" she told me. I couldn't see her eyes, her voice was flat and emotionless.

"What do you mean I'm chosen?" I asked. Noah shuffled, his jaw locking and his arms folding over his chest, he didn't seem comfortable.

Ronah smiled. Her smile was dark and sinister "You will find out soon enough"

~*~

This is such a short chapter oh my god but oh wellllll!!! Ily