Seven.

Tom was my tutor. Was that some kind of sick joke? I can't even stand being in the same room as him let alone having him close to me alone, in a room for more than an hour. My throat fell dry and I was lost for words, it was like someone had stripped my vocal chords out of my throat, the world was in slow motion. I almost saw the clock's hands fail to move and even if they were moving they were moving very, very slow. Painfully slow.

"Not him" I managed to say in a raspy tone. I sounded like I hadn't spoken in years "Anyone but him"

"He is the only one available Elyza" Principle Jackson told me "Is tonight at around six alright for the tutoring?"

Dad looked a little restless, so did mom, they know what Tom did and they couldn't particularly object to Principle Jackson's demands so they merely nodded "Y-yes of course" Mom forced a smile.

"Good, thank you for your time" Principle Jackson smiled widely. I wobbled a bit as I stood up, I had to hold onto mom's arm as we walked out of the office and into the deserted school hallways, their anger and disappointed had dissolved and was replaced with a glowing guilt and sympathy.

"Your father and I won't be around tonight"

My head snapped towards the blonde haired woman with wide eyes "No. You can't leave me alone with him"

"Why don't you invite someone over half way through? like Noah, he's a good kid. I can sense it" Dad said. Considering Dad was the most over protective parent in heaven and on earth, it took almost nine months for him to be okay with Tom and I being together, so now suddenly he's okay with Noah?

But it wasn't a bad idea, I hadn't seen Noah in a couple days. "Yeah okay" I breathed.

~*~

I stared at the clock which seemed to be moving faster than I wanted, the hands seemed to be itching their way to 6 o'clock. My stomach churned, I wanted to throw up, I couldn't do this. I almost wanted to call him and say something came up and he couldn't-

Three knocks echoed through the empty house.

My shaking legs barely made it to the front door. My hand reached the cold and stiff door knob; turning it slowly. I peered through the tiny slit of the door and saw a slither of mud blonde hair soon followed by the piercing stab of his icy blue eyes. My heart sank.

"Hi" he whispered, the faintest smile on his full lips.

My voice came out non existing "Um...Hi" I opened the door wider and watched his muscular figure slide passed me and into the house.

Once I closed the door it only just hit me how close he was, I could almost feel the heat radiating off my bodies. The scent of his cologne lingered in my nostrils showering me with endless memories of us when we were once happy, they were painful memories and my heart shattered even more.

"Did you redecorate the house?" he asked in a deep voice.

I gulped "Um-No we just changed the furniture and added more photo's to the walls, my mom wanted it to be 'child proof' because Josh has decided he likes messing things up" I laughed nervously.

"I still have his amazing Spiderman figure" he laughed "doe s he want it back or?-"

"Sorry Roper, he's moved onto superman" I said.

His laugh was like music but this time it didn't make me want to dance to his song "So" he began "I guess we're doing chemistry tonight?"

"I guess so" I said as we sat down at the kitchen table. He brought all his books and note's, I brought out my books, he spent nearly an hour trying to teach me how to balance equations. All the information was going in one ear and out the other, it was like he was talking to a brick wall but he knew how bad at chemistry I was. I'm more of a biology and history kind of girl, but Tom had this ability to make logic of things that didn't make sense. He had this way of explaining things that was almost impossible to comprehend by some and have them seem as clear as water.