Twenty seven

This is such a crap chapter I'm so sorry, I tried

• • •

"You killed Aric"

"He isn't dead. Just knocked out, but that damn spell you put on him is gone so don't try it again" Noah said calmly, even though his voice coloured anger and spite. He's returned to human, we desperately searched the institute trying to find clothes for him. Black jeans and a top would have to do for now.

Dominic nodded his head in understanding and clapped his hands. We didn't know what he was doing until two small golden portal like circles appeared at either side of Noah and I's heads, shooting out black and rusting chains. I jumped of course, dodging the chains which tried to bind me and Noah, Noah physically fighting them off; he was a good fighter.

But neither of us were good enough, with one knock to my feet, I had three chains gripping my arms tightly and restricting me to retract my wings or use my arson. Noah was bound too, except his chains were bigger and stronger, probably stopping him from strand forming. Two centaurs came behind us to hold the chains, they wore gold armour around their bare chest and a mask around their face so we couldn't see them.

I decided to stop struggling, there was no point. But being still like that gave me a chance to look around the room; it no longer looked bright and welcoming, it looked like a place you'd try and avoid because you knew you could potentially die in it. Books lay scattered along the floor, books which were burnt and torn. Tables and shelves were destroyed, the staircase where coven used to ascend down from was in complete ruins and to make it worse there was a cage in the corner of the room.

Coven was in that cage. He was held prisoner and was laying in the floor, numb and helpless but thankfully still breathing. But there was another body on the floor, it was a girl but couldn't quite make out the face, she was too far away. But her red hair had a streak of blood running through it, her arms were wrapped around a silver bow and arrow, her lips parted and eyes sewn shut, then it hit me.

"Zoe?" My lip trembled. "You killed her" my heart completely shattered. Raven was gone and now Zoe? This was done horrible nightmare that I wanted to wake up from, she was my best friend and now she's just...gone.

"She's not completely gone for heavens sake" Dominic snapped "Her soul is in oblivion, bring back her soul within the next 48 hours and put it back into her body and she'll live. But I highly doubt the world will survive the next 48 hours" he grinned.

"I hope you burn in hell" I spat.

"I'll see you there then" he replied. He turned around and picked up a glowing golden orb, it was too big to hold with one hand so he used to. It was the light in the room, everything else was dark and dim but this orb, this orb was beautiful. It was as if the contents in this orb was moving, changing; light sparkled within it, and reminded me of the night sky.

It looked like the sky had been put into an orb.

"It is almost time to summon Zara" Dominic whispered. His eyes fixed on the blue glowing orb, he was engulfed with its beauty. "We will go to the highest building in town and summon her"

"You need me to do it" I told him.

He smiled "Not anymore, Aric already did your part for us, now all that's left is the chant. But now we can dispose of you" but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Noah. The centaur began walking with Noah, dragging him closer to Dominic; I had a bad feeling about that Orb, it could do so much more than I thought it could.
Dominic looked Noah right in the eye. Their gazes were so tense, non of them looked away, it was in that moment I saw pure hatred in Noah's eyes.