Three.

"His mind was a library and I wanted to read all his books"

• • •

My eyes snapped open and without hesitation I bit the arm beside the bed with my fangs. It was a man who cried out, his arm bled but it did nothing to him. I was no where near a vampire, all I had was fangs and nothing else. I couldn't turn anyone into a vampire, couldn't drink blood. It was pointless to call myself a vampire anyway.

I slid out the bed quickly and headed for the window, my wings extended from my body as I pushed up the window and climbed onto the ledge but the damn bastard already had a plan to stop me from escaping. The coils from last night wrapped around my body once again and pulled me back into the room, it was a type of rope except the material was thinner than rope.

I quickly snapped the coil and kicked him off his feet, I heard an 'umph' and a moan but didn't think twice about watching him Crawl on all fours. Grabbing the dagger that he dropped on the floor, I thrusted him Hard against the burgundy wall and held the blade close to his neck.

"You move and I'll slit your throat" I whispered. I've been training since I was six and the skills actually came in handy.

I held against the wall a boy two heads taller than me, physically bigger than me and he was probably holding back because I pinned him down within seconds. His dark hair was wild, his chocolate eyes holding amusement and cheekiness. I wanted to wipe the smug smirk off his face.

He laughed "Okay Angel you can put the dagger down now" his voice had a slight hint of an English accent but you had to listen closely to hear it.

"Ha. Funny. Why did you bring me here?" I said.

"I can't answer your question" he merely smiled.

"Then who the fuck can?" I Cursed.

He stared up at the ceiling as if thinking about my question and my patience was wearing thin. "Coven"

I creased my eyebrows "Is this some kind of demonic witch coven? Your irritating me. Let me go and I'll spare your pathetic little life"

"Oooh your a feisty one aren't you. Haven't got one of those in a while" he smirked "I like it"

I released him and walked slowly towards the window, pointing the dagger at his face. He was highly attractive, with his defined jaw and muscular build but that was the furthest thing from my mind "You follow me and I'll kill you"

"Elyza" he said softly.

The sound of my own name sent shivers down my spine. Especially when my name came out of his mouth. It felt abnormal, it didn't feel right for him to be saying my name so gently as if the way he spoke would make me break and crumble. "How do you know my name?"

He stepped closer and I raised the dagger "Get away from me! I'll cut you"

He smiled "You're not going to cut me" he said and took the dagger away from me. Why did I let him take it? Why did I just stand and watch the handle slip between my fingers? "We don't want to hurt you-"

"We? Who's we?"

"If you come with me Coven will answer all your questions"

I took a deep breath and agree to follow him to this 'Coven' person. He guided me out of the bedroom and into a chilly hallway, The red paint on the walls was chipping and the flames which lit up the corridor were beginning to burn out. We passed a window which revealed silver light, clearly indicating it was night time.

"What time is it?" I asked. The hall echoing my voice and making it sound louder than I intended.

"Around 3am. You've been knocked out for six hours" he said.