Thirteen.

My nose hit the water first, followed by the rest of my head. I coughed up water, I was so cold that I shivered, frantically. I couldn't recall how long I'd spent underwater but what I did know is that the siren's pushed me towards the shore, their scales brushing my skin, their grip keeping me up. I reached the shore and threw myself onto the bank, once I was holding onto something, the sirens let go.

"Thank you" I mumbled. The sirens smiled and dove back into the water, their silk tails flapping as they did so but one stayed, her eyes white, her smile beautiful and her touch soft and gentle. She stroked my cheek before kissing it softly, soon she too followed the rest of them until their beautiful singing faded.

"Good as new" Noah's voice snapped me back to reality. He pulled me into him where I shivered against his warmth, my wings were fixed, looking like freshly fallen snow only they were wet and soggy.

"How long was I under the water?" I asked.

Noah chuckled, as if his response would make me flip "Three hours"

It did "Excuse me?"

"You were underwater for three hours" He told me. He wrapped his coat around my shoulders and held my hand as we walked through the grass and tree's towards the portal.

"How did I not die" I laughed to myself.

"Siren's have this thing. Yes, they do lure men into the water and drown them but, they can keep people alive underwater too. If a siren's intention isn't death, as long as you are with them, you will be able to breathe underwater" he explained.

"That's pretty cool, they didn't seem as horrible as people portray them as" I said, oh god the portal's made of water too. After being stuck underwater for three hours, I now have to jump through water again?

Noah smirked "That's because they aren't"

~*~

"Your father and I are going out or dinner" Mom called from the stairs, Grandma waltzed out of the kitchen with her usual smile and flower on her face.

I rolled my eyes and smiled "And your not taking us?"

"Elyza, you do realise, I love your father right, we need our privacy" Mom grinned.

"Well, too much privacy, it can lead to another little sister or brother-" I sipped on my tea.

"Elyza" Grandma snapped "Rose darling you go and have fun with Caleb-"

"Not too much fun" I giggled.

Mom rolled her eyes and fixed a gold necklace around her neck. She was beautiful, I know I never really say it but she was, no wonder dad fell for her, not just with her looks but with her kind heart. Her gold eyes stood out against her blonde hair which was curled and fell nicely around her shoulders. Her tight bodycon beige dress was simple yet elegant, above all of her stunning features like her smooth skin and pearly white teeth; she had a heart of gold. Always wanting to help others and always being able to do so, after all she did save the world when she was just eighteen. "Momma, please don't let Josh near the fire, make sure Eli does her homework and-"

"Rose I've got this, Caleb's waiting for you, shoo shoo" Grand,a flapped her hands. Mom smiled and blew a kiss to Josh and I before slamming the door to hurry to dad who was in the car waiting.

Grandma came into the living room to clear the table, Josh had actually finished his food for once and was scurrying around the living room screaming 'I am spiderman'. I wonder what powers he has, would he be more of a vampire than an angel? vice versa? or will he be like me, both. I didn't know, I haven't had any dreams, I couldn't see into the future. If I'm honest, I haven't seen into the future ever since I predicted the birth of Josh.

"What's that"

I was forced to peel my eyes away from my history homework, I glanced up to find Grandma's piercing gaze upon me like fire. "Um...my history homework?"

"No" she said and pointed "What is that?"

She pointed at my drawing, I guess I got a bit bored of history and began scribbling on the corner of the page "Oh-I just got a bit bored. I don't even know what it is"

"Stop drawing it" she said harshly. So harshly I was actually taken aback by her abrupt manner.

"Wait, what? Grandma you don't even know what it is-"

"I know that it can kill you" she said but her face soon turned pale. That wasn't meant to slip. The atmosphere completely changed, it became denser, even Josh stopped running around, his singing faded and he stared at us sceptically with his spiderman figure spinning in his hands.

"What do you mean it can kill me?" I asked. "This is some stupid symbol, it has no meaning, I've been drawing it everywhere. Why is it so significant?"

"Just forget what I said" she said and turned to leave.

"No grandma wait, please tell me"

"Elyza! I don't want to hear any of your whining, its better you don't know. You'll be safer" she snapped.

My mouth, fell open "But-"

"Go to your room" she mumbled in  deep voice. My lip trembled, Josh's hands scratched my leg gently as he muttered my name but I was so angry that I didn't even look down to him. I brushed passed My grandmother and stormed up the steps, taking a sharp right I threw my door open and slammed it shut. What was with this family and secrets? why would no one tell me what I wanted to know, what was so special about that goddamn symbol!

I fell asleep after ranting to Noah on the phone, he didn't know what I was talking about but all he did was listen and that was all I really needed. He comforted me, spoke to me until my eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep. But I wasn't asleep for long, I was woken up by heavy breathing, followed by footsteps. I was frozen under my bedsheets, forcing myself to believe it was just my imagination but it was hard when all I could hear was the thump of my heart in my ears.

Maybe it was Josh "Josh? is that you?"

Silence. It was silent for a couple seconds but then I heard breathing, low and shallow breathing, someone was in my room and my door was locked. Grandma was probably still pissed and was on the third floor with Josh reading him a story, I was alone on the second floor.

When I felt the cold sensation of hands trailing up my leg, slowly, as if teasing me. That's when I snapped, I flew my covers off me and hissed my fangs. I saw my eyes turn a bright gold colour like my moms in the mirror reflection, my own reflection scared me.

Me.

"Who the hell are you?" I snapped into the darkness, I heard the sound of a low chuckle, it wasn't Noah, it wasn't Coven neither was it Ronah. Who was it?

It was a woman, that I could tell.

"Don't worry dear Elyza, you brave girl" I could tell she was grinning "Your time will soon come to know the truth"

~*~

Whoaaaaa talk about grandma hunter flipping out! It honestly took me ages to write this chapter I had such a thought block it was ridiculous ugh! Xxx