Chapter One

She sat in her bedroom, laughing at past photos. Photos taken at that party when they first met. She was looking back at photos, no idea what was to happen. A ghost of a smile played on her lips as she looked back at the time her vocal cords hemorrhaged and Charlie surprised her at a dance class she was taking with Kelsey. Then her phone rang, the ring startled her and the name Mikaela flashed across her screen.
"Hey, Mikaela what's up?" Meghan asked. Her attention was immediately glued to the fact Mikaela was sobbing into the phone.
"It-It's Charlie." Meghan could physically feel the fear erupting throughout her body.
"What? What happened to Charlie?" She was panicking.
"He- the car- it came from- from nowhere."
"WHAT THE HELL MIKAELA SPEAK FUCKING ENGLISH!"
"He's in hospital."
"What hospital?"
"LA Memorial Hospital."
And Meghan was out of the door, in her car, and on her way to the hospital.

She does a helluva parking job and gets yelled at by security. She didn't care, hell, let them tow it. She only cared about the fact that somewhere just beyond the automatic glass doors, Charlie lay. Hurt. Bleeding. Dying. Her body shook with fear as she reached the front desk.

"How may I help you?" A lady in pink scrubs asks.
"Um, Charlie Puth please." She asks, trying to contain her emotions just long enough to get to the privacy of the elevator.
"I'm sorry, he's in the VIP wing. Only immediate family."
"N-no, you don't understand I'm his girlfriend." Meghan chokes, trembling.
"Look, I'm sorry. But I just can't let you go up there."
"Meghan!" Stephen calls from behind her.
"Stephen." She says, letting a few tears slip.
"She's coming. She's more family to him then the rest of us." Stephen drags Meghan into the elevator, and only then does she notice he's holding about five coffee cups. "I got you one cause I figured you'd come."
"Thanks." She says weakly, taking the warm cup and holding it close. She is wearing her pajamas: a floral print onesie, her hair and make up in pristine condition as the result of a night out with Emmy. Her mind flashes back to the tour, when they had their first intimate moment. My legs around his hips as he pressed our mouths together, the wall pressing into my back.... She smiles sadly at the memory. The elevator dings open and they step into the hallway, his family sitting in chairs against the wall. None of them say anything, just stare at each other in silence. Deborah is the first to break it.
"Meghan, you should go in." She looks pointedly at the closed door in front of them. Meghan nods, taking the first careful sip of her coffee. She walks hesitantly up to the door, hand resting in the handle. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and enters the room. She sets her coffee down on the table next to the bed, standing next to him and taking his hand.
"Char char." She says. It was at that moment, standing above the love of her life who was bruised and cut, that the fragile strings holding Meghan together broke. She sank into the chair beside the bed, his hand interlocked with hers. Her whole body shook with sobs that she tried miserably to muffle. Charlie was laying down, his skin a deathly white. A scary, inhumane white that sent shivers up her spine. Sobs continued to shake her body and she smiled sadly as she remembered the time they spent at the park all those years ago. She kept her hands clasped in his as she spoke.
"Char do you remember that time we were at the park and we pranked the paparazzi?"

They were sat on the swings eating pizza, smiling, talking, laughing. They heard a flash of a paparazzi camera and she whispered in his ear. "Hey, Char, let's prank the paparazzi." He grinned.
"How?"
"Well, we're not together, and we know we're not together, but they don't know we're not together. And they think we don't know they're there." He grinned even more, smirking slightly too.
"I love it!" They finished whispering to each other and she started pressing gentle kisses against his lips, they looked so believabled. Probably because they were living what they'd wanted but couldn't bring themselves to admit. Then she sat on his lap and continued kissing him, he was laughing against her lips. They finished kissing and turned to see a man dressed all in black running away with a camera. They laughed until their stomachs hurt.
"That... was... hilarious." Meghan gasped between laughs. They were breathless and hysterical. "We should call people so they know it was a prank. I mean... Ryan will kill you."
He nodded. "Yeah, please. I'm too young to die." They laughed more.
The next day it was in every tabloid everywhere and Meghan and Charlie's family and friends couldn't stop laughing their asses off for the few hours before Meghan and Charlie revealed all to the public.

"That was funny. I can't believe we were still only friends. It took us so long to realize that we couldn't live without each other and now I might have to do just that." She was sobbing and Mikaela came in and wrapped an arm around Meghan, allowing her to cry into her shoulder.
"Hey Meg." She whispered softly. "I just wanted to tell you, you can stay the night. Ma and Dad need to go calm down somewhere and me and Stephen are going to help dad out, mom's in a real bad way." Meghan just nodded. "He'll be okay. He's... strong. He can get through it. I know he can." Meghan just nodded again lightly. Even if she didn't believe it. Mikaela and everyone else left, meaning Meghan and Charlie were alone. She was slowly drifting off to sleep when the continuously beeping machine beside Charlie turned into a flat beeping.
He had no heartbeat.

-=+=-

A/N: Hello!! Double the authors note from double the author. Yeah, hi! It's HeyImBae and me and Megatronz_Unite are collaborating to bring you, hopefully, a really good story. Enjoy the other chapters to come, I believe we will be updating on Wednesdays, so look out for that.