'I want to be more'

The sun was still up, but not as bright as in the morning. Shining in the tense house, it had been some time since JoongKi (Their father) had sent kibum to his room, it has been some time since he was talking to Minho and Jonghyun. It has been some time since he sent his wife to make him some tea, but the latter had never come up to give it to him. 

Kibum hadn't dared to come out of his room, even if he wanted to badly, he stayed put. He knew he was somehow grounded, thats how it always worked since he was little. His father always got frustrated with both him and his hyung, but he'd never send Jonghyun to his room, only him. Did he have preferences? Did he blame the younger, even if it was the oldest fault? He didn't even understand how it even worked till even now that he is almost an adult. Maybe he was scared? 

In the other room adjacent from the younger were Jonghyun, his  father and Minho. Both boys were seated in the bed with their heads down while the oldest's father lectured them. Minho was mored than embarrassed to have his 'uncle' as he called him lecture him, the man had gone pretty hard on him actually. He felt horrible for what he did, but he knew his best friend deserved it. He glanced over at his friend beside him and took his figures in, the boy was bitting his bottom lip while his bangs covered his eyes, his cheeks still had some trails of dried tears.  Minho sighed to himself and looked up at his uncle, catching that the man had stopped talking and was looking at him expectantly. Shit he didn't hear what he said!

"uh....c-could you r-repeat what you said......?" Minho asked avoiding the mans gaze, and just looking behind him to the glass on the floor. JoongKi sighed and rubbed his temples saying "I said, I'm not saying what you did is wrong if Kibum cried, but hitting my son like that is intolerable. Ive seen both of them cry when they fight, and I have never placed my hand on either of them, until today. But he deserved it, right Jonghyun?" the latter didn't answer just kept his head down which made JoongKi sigh even louder looking back at minho, who had lowered his gaze to the floor. 

"Im sorry......uncle......but, he... h-he really deserved it! k-key wa-if you would have just-"

"Enough Minho! Im tired of this, just go home ok" Joongki said interrupting the younger boy. Minho just lowered his gaze again but nodded,  he mumbled an "Apologize to him!" for only Jonghyun to hear and stood up walking out of the room.  

JoongKi sighed after Minho left and sat down by his older son. Taking the boys appearance he placed an arm around his shoulders and squished it supportingly. He wanted to say something but he really was over the boys fighting all the time, he didn't even know who's fault it was anymore.

"Look son, Kibum is your brother, he is the only one you have, your brother by chance but you guys decide if you want to be friends. He is the one who won't leave you like friends do, yes you have your ups and downs but family sticks together. Maybe not in everycase, but kibummie.... he follows you, he looks up to you. You've gotta understand that even if he is only one year younger than you, he still looks up to his older brother......... I don't even understand how you guys fight all the time...... hpmm If you don't want to be friends then just be his older brother." his father finished with a strong supporting squish to his shoulder. 

"I don't want to be his brother.....only...." Jonghyun said quietly. His father caught on and let a smile fall to his thin lips.