7: Go Away

Updated: July 4,2015
XXXXXXXXX

She didn't know what time it was when her curtains were tugged open and the sound of metal against metal met her ears. A groan escaped Maddie's lips as she kept her eyes closed tight and rolled over away from the window to escape the sunlight. "Matty..." She muttered her voice filled with sleepy irritation. She felt her mattress shift as someone sat down beside her, and she just tugged the sheets over her head hoping he would go away. She felt another body sitting at the other edge, which confused her. Who would be at her house? Oddly enough the only answer she could think of was Rebekah for some reason. Maybe it wasn't so odd though, considering that had been all she had been able to think about for the past day and a half. After her run in with Rebekah at the party she had spent the rest of the night trying to get her mind off it. She had avoided her friends when they finally made their way back from doing whatever it was that had called them away because she wanted time to think. Seeing as the day afterwards was Saturday, she had stayed at home, ignoring her cell and just searching for a way to explain it, or take her mind off the problem. The only person she had spoken to was Matt and that was because he was her brother and they lived together. She knew Rebekah before she had come here- to Mystic falls, she was sure! But that would mean that Rebekah knew her family, and if she had wouldn't she have said something about them earlier? Maddie liked to think she would have seeing as how quickly the two had become friends. "Go away." She said, trying to sound grumpy but it just came out soft and sad.

She felt someone gently tugging at the sheets, trying to find a way to get the witch out of her little hiding spot. When she spoke thought, they paused and she felt the first person, who she had assumed to be Matt shift ever so sightly. Then the resistance fell away and she was able to stop pulling at the blanket to keep it over her head where she wanted it. To her surprise though, instead of hearing her brother's low voice she heard Caroline to her left.

"You alright?" The vampire asked, her voice soft and concerned. Maddie didn't respond so she continued in hopes of getting her to say something. "We were worried..." Still the younger girl said nothing and Care sighed. Maddie heard the sound of soft footfalls coming towards her from the door and then Elena's voice.

"Come on, Maddie..." She coaxed, and Maddie's mattress moved as the girl sat down next to the person Maddie had yet to identify. She had a pretty good idea who it was though. Caroline, and Elena were there so there was only one more best friend missing, Bonnie. Her suspicions were confirmed when she heard a sigh.

"Please?" Bonnie tried, and gave a soft tug at the covers again, though this one with much less effort. Maddie shook her head and the covers moved with it, showing the three girls her response. Caroline's loud sigh was clearly heard even through all the covers on top of the blonde witch. Then Care finally exclaimed.

"Fine." And without warning she took hold of the blankets and started pulling. While Bonnie had been gentle, giving Maddie a chance to keep them where they were, Caroline clearly ment business. Maddie struggled to kept them where they were, and was caught in a mini tug of war with her friend until Caroline tapped into her vampire strength and pulled them from her grip.

"No- Care stop- Caroline!" Maddie muttered, frowning as she struggled with the vampire over the blanket before she lost her hold and Caroline was able to yank them off her. The girl let out a mildly irritated sigh before laying back down and crossing her arms. "Who are you, my mother?" Bonnie and Elena exchanged a glance as they got their first glance at the younger girl. Her hair was a bed head ridden mess, she looked exhausted and there was an upset frown etched on to her face. Caroline seemed to notice as well because her features softened a bit. From there Bonnie started to take the lead.

"Maddie what happened?" She asked, but got the same reaction that Caroline had earned earlier. Silence. Elena frowned and slid her shoes off before swinging her legs on to the bed and crawling over to sit by her friend. Caroline quickly followed her example and soon they had Maddie sitting up with Caroline to her left, and Elena to her right as Bonnie went to close the door and turn on the light.