10: The New Deal

Updated: August 4th, 2015

Things to know::

I don't own TVD :-(

XXXXXXXXX

Sunlight was hardly fluttering through her window when Maddie blinked open her eyes. She groaned softly and turned over, closing her eyes again in hopes of falling back to sleep. It was the first time in a week or so when her dreams hadn't been haunted by those visions. She wasn't sure what they were, actually. Visions tended to repeat themselves, but these were different. They always had the same people in them, and she had been in the same places but it was something different each time. Plus, they seemed to be taking the prospective of a child, which was another thing that confused her..

She let out another sigh as her thoughts became more and more tangled up in her dreams and sat up, coming to the realization that she would never be calm enough to go back to sleep now. She reached over to her bedside table and grabbed her cell, checking the time. As the screen lit up she saw that it was only six fifteen.

"You've got to be kidding me..." She muttered grouchily, running a hand through her hair. With obvious reluctance, she tossed the covers away from her and slipped out of bed, wiggling her toes into the soft carpet spread across the floor. If there was one thing she hated, it was a chilly floor right after you woke up- or a chilly anything after you woke up.

The blonde witch walked over to her full length mirror and looked at herself, noting the messy make up on her face and bed head. Again she sighed as she remembered that she hadn't bothered to wash her face last night. She was too tired to haul herself over to the bathroom and wash up after everything, plus her head was still killing her. After the adrenaline from her encounter with Katherine had worn off she had become increasingly aware of the throbbing in her head- but she noted that now she felt fine. Other then the fact that she was awake at six something in the morning that is.

Having nothing better to do, and clearly needing to clean herself up, Maddie headed towards the bathroom. She turned on the shower to let the water heat up and then grabbed a brush so she could start to tackle her hair.

A little more than twenty minutes later she was laying on her bed again. Her hair up in a high ponytail, wearing a nice brown tank top, dark wash jeans, knee-high boots and a black jacket. She hadn't bothered throwing on any make up yet, but she was satisfied with her appearance for now.

She layed in bed for several minutes until her mind circled back to the dreams she had once more. She get out a sigh and considered what she knew. So far she had seen a total of five people, a teen named Kol, a boy called Henrik, a human Rebekah, a human Klaus whom the child she had been more or less become called Nik, and a man named Elijah. She had also remembered talking about a woman named Esther, someone named Finn and a woman named Ayanna. She knew that these were all names related to the Original's story, so she would have thought it was a vision except the part where Rebekah and Klaus were human. That just didn't make sense to her. Visions were sent to help guide a witch, lead them towards something in the future, so a dream about the Originals when they were human just wouldn't make sense.

After that the most logical thing would be compulsion, but after Klaus had snatched her vervain ring, Maddie had started taking the herb in her morning coffee. So it must be just dreams, except for the fact that she had been assaulted by one in the middle of the party yesterday. So all in all she was back to square one.

Deciding she needed to get her mind off of it, Maddie found herself wondering over to her desk. She bent down and opened the bottom drawer, pulling out her sketch pad. In all honestly she loved art, it was her second favorite activity, magic being the first. Smiling at the idea; Maddie pulled out a charcoal pencil and walked back towards her bed. She plopped down on the bed, laying on her tummy, and opened the notepad. She skimmed through most of the sketches, this was actually a fairly new notebook. She had gotten it at the airport before her plane ride back from Europe so she would have something to do on the trip seeing as she had shipped back her other notebooks. Already the pages were littered with pictures, some with colors, some without, some of a single subject some holding many subjects, but with the exception of the first ten or so pages, all of them about the same thing. Her dreams. During the restless nights when she had been waking from odd dreams of people in old clothing or wolves running rapidly through forests as many as three times a night sometimes, she had become accustomed to taking out her sketch pad and drawing what she had seen. It was kind of like a stress reliever is she was honest. It let her get out her thoughts. Each of her friends had some way of getting everything out when it came to the supernatural, Elena wrote, Bonnie had read but now used her magic, Caroline either ranted or shopped, and Maddie drew.