9-2: Homecoming

Updated: August 2,2015

Hi! here's the next chapter, it's a longer one :) I hope you like it!

IMPORTANT STUFF:

I don't own TVD

XXXXXXXXX

Rebekah was sitting in the study at the Salvatore boarding house. She had spent most of her time after the phone call with her brother, helping Maddie search for her necklace. The poor girl was still buzzing awround looking for the thing. After about twenty minutes of helping though, Rebekah herself stated to grow tired of the chore and instead wandered back to her father's body.

At the moment she was painting her toes, seeing as she and Maddie had never actually gotten to it when she had come over several days ago. She had remembered though that Maddie had chosen a color for her, and naturally that had been the one the curly haired Vampire had decided on using. So there she was, waiting for her father to wake, while putting the final clear coat on over her beautifully polished toe nails. She found herself growing more and more impatient though, how long does it take for one to awaken? Surely not more then half an hour! With mild irritation she looks over at the body and then notices a bit of movement.

Rebekah watches his twitching fingers for a moment as she sits up straighter and starts screwing the top back onto the nail polish. As she swings her feet off of the furniture she hears Mikael let out a gasp, struggling to get air back into his lungs. She watches with cold eyes as he starts to sit up, still coughing.

"Finally." She said, her temper seeping into her voice. She watches as her father turns around, shocked that his daughter is here. "Took you long enough." He just stares at her for a second, making sure that it really her before slowly greeting her with a soft.

"Rebekah,"

He looks as if he wants to continue, tell her something, but Rebekah doesn't give him time. "Whatever fatherly rubbish your thinking, save it." She snaps, suddenly wondering why she ever thought this was a good idea in the first place. This man has done nothing but caused her and her family pain. Because of him her sibling's and her own childhood was filled with fear of the man that was supposed to protect them, because of him they became vampires, because of him Nik locked all of her family in coffins, and because of him she had to live a thousand years without family. "Nothing you say matters to me."

Mikael sighed a bit under his breath, feeling sadness float inside of him. "I see." He mutters as he rises to his feet. The older Original then looks towards the floor and glances around, looking for something. When he doesn't seem to find it he glances up at Rebekah once more and asks. "Where is my dagger?" Sounding a tad confused.

"Elena has it." Rebekah informs, cocking her head ever so slightly as she finishes, "So you can forget your plans to use it on me." The hate she felt for him was clear in her voice, and blazing in her eyes.

Mikael, though not surprised in the least, still looks softly at his blonde haired daughter and softly replies. "You were never the one I was after." Hoping that she would at least try to give him a chance again. His hope vanished though as Rebekah fired back.

"Nik was my family if you were after him you were after me."

"He blinded you, Rebekah." Mikael tried to explain. His children had all been stubborn by nature, so while it was sad and frustrating to him that the girl wouldn't listen, he once again wasn't surprised in the least. "He killed you mother."

With that, Rebekah stood up from her spot on the large leather chair and walked around the foot rest to stand in front of her father. She was fighting to keep tears in her eyes. from falling, she must not show weakness in front of her father. "I know what he did!" She said firmly, resisting the urge to yell. "And he'll pay for it with his life, but Nik was not born a killer." She pointed out, now standing face to face with the other Original. "None of us were. You did this to us when you turned us into vampires!" Now it was growing harder and harder to keep her emotions in check. Rebekah felt like if she spent one more minute in this room she would explode. The two stood a minute in silence before another voice disrupted the silent stare down.