Part 2 : Small Sized Dramas

"Ica.... Ica..." Ica! That is my name. Who is calling me? I could hardly open my eyes. Wait! This isn't my bed? Or my bolster... it isn't a bolster at all. It is Amy. And she is burning up.

"Ica..."

"Yes dear?" I straighten my body to take a closer look at her face.

"Why are you in my house?" uh... good question. Why am I here? Oh my dear, the baby sitter never turned up.

"Never mind me, Amy are you alright?"

"I... no, my stomach hurts" she could hardly say those words. She was so weak. I dashed to the kitchen, grabbed a washcloth and some iced water. Placing the cloth on her forehead she complained

"It's cold"

"Yes baby but it will help bring your temperature down. Just a few minutes ok?" I consoled her. She hardly had the strength to fight or argue back.

Leaving the cloth on her forehead and being sure she will not remove it. I went back into the kitchen to find for the telephone number list.

To my bad fortune, Nancy's number was half missing due to water stains.

Daddy -> +44 9200141772

DR. Jim ->+44 7999211132

There is no point of calling a man at sea. I really hope this Dr. is a medical doctor. With fingers crossed I called Dr. Jim.

"Hello, Dr. Jim?"

"Yes, Nancy, is something wrong with Amy?"

"Yes, she is burning up and she says her stomach hurts" I let his assumption be as it wasn't really important who I am.

"I will be there right away, place a cold cloth on her forehead and keep the temperature in control till I get there." He said and hung up.

As soon as I went back to Amy sat up and she started coughing continuously. She vomited. All I could do is pray that the doctor gets here quick.

"Sorry..." she looked up at me and apologized for vomiting.

"Oh darling, don't worry about it" I said as I cleaned her up with the cloth and gave her a peck on her forehead. She sank back into the sofa with her eyes closed.

The door bell rang. I left Amy and hoped it was the doctor. An elderly gentleman stood at the door with his eyes looking franticly in the house. I quickly pointed him to Amy. He bolted towards Amy without a question. I informed him, she vomited. He examined her thoroughly and finally gave her a jab. She only squeaked a little and closed her eyes again.

"Don't worry she will be alright by morning." He gave a look of assurance.

"Thank you for coming so fast, I didn't know what else to do."

"I am glad to help; by the way I don't think we have been introduced." He questioned.

"Sorry, I am Veronica the neighbor. I am helping Nancy out today." Though this wasn't exactly the help I had in my mind when I offered.

"Ah the neighbor is finally here, I couldn't hear enough of your stories from Amy the last time she met me. Just two days ago. Any how it is nice to finally meet you." He put his hand out for a hand shake.

"This isn't the way I would have liked to meet but no one has control of time, do they?" I said as I accepted his with a smile.

"No, they don't for sure. Alright then Ms. Veronica, here are the medicines for Amy. Make sure she takes it every 4 hours and no greasy, spicy or icy stuff for this princess for the next two weeks. I will come and check on her tomorrow evening. Please inform Nancy and send my regards to Keith, it has been ages since he met him too. Sometimes I feel like he is avoiding me on purpose." Dr. Jim mutters as he walks out the door not even allowing me to reply. Keith? That must be Amy's dad's name. As Dr. Jim's car went out of sight, Nancy's BMW came to view. I waited at the door. She was taken aback to see me there. I waited till she got inside and explained everything, from incident to instruction and finally retired from the drama.