Part 15 : The Family Function

I am here with two missions in mind. Do the coverage for the promotion and find out why Keith is acting weirdly. I managed to get Tim the camera man and Jack the sounds guy to start the coverage. Now, it is time for me to meet the lion itself. I made an appointment to meet Ian at his new wedding venue. I purposely choose a busy place. His soft launch is tomorrow so the place must be pack with people trying to set up for the event. Plus I am meeting him in the morning.

The venue was located a few blocks away from the B&B; I put on my sneakers and grabbed a bag pack instead of my regular heels and handbag. It made more sense. The walk way to the venue was all green and windy. The sun was bright but not too hot. It was a little chilly actually. I walked down the main street as I took in what nature had to offer me. It was bliss. Then I reached the entrance gate, walking in I was expecting for many people to be here as tomorrow is the event.

I was in for a surprise, there were only two cars and a white catering van parked under the shed. I checked my phone to confirm the address. It was the right place so where has every one gone? I pushed open the door while trying to peek in as far as I could. No one was around. I checked my watch it was 8 am. I tried looking in to the kitchen, there was a young girl sorting the vegetables. She looked at me and smiled.

"Are you lost?" she asked me.

"No, Mandy she is here to meet me." Ian said as he walked in from the door on the opposite direction. I managed to smile back at her. Ian walked towards me and ushered me out of the kitchen. He walked pass me and waved his hand asking me to follow him. I just did as he requested. We made a few turns and ended up at an office. It was tiny but well equipped. He sat at the sofa on the left of the office table and I sat in the chair in front of him.

"Would you like to have something, Ica?" He offered and it was nice to hear him say my nick name. I missed it.

"No, thank you I had a good big breakfast." I declined.

"Ah yes, Mrs. Ryan makes wholesome breakfasts."

"I must say it might be a struggle for you to compete with her." I said as that was more of a question. He smiled and wink.

"How have you been?" he asked looking right at me. I turned away and look at my backpack which was next to my leg now.

"I am great thank you." I answered but I was getting some papers from the bag instead of looking at him.

"Well then Ms. Shaw how shall we do this?" He was using my surname now. I suppose he got it.

"It's simple you just read through these documents and sign it. Then I shall provide you with the story board scripts." I explained the procedure for the day.

"I was asking about us." He said. What us? You're getting married for heaven's sake.

"I'm sorry, us you say?"  I question in a sarcastic tone.

"Ica, listen. You and I both know that we need to talk about our issues..."

"Talk! Issue! Don't you think it is too late? I already did all the talking and guess what you weren't there to listen. Hmmm... why was that you think? Oh... because you walked away from me while I was trying to explain something to you. You went missing of the face of earth. Now you want to dig up skeletons? I don't think that is wise Mr. Mannellis." I burst out. I tried my level best to hold my tears and walk out of the office. At least I handed him the documents already. I have achieved my objective for the day.

I have no idea which door I exited but I was at the garden. I believe this is where the ceremony will take place. There was a huge arch and may white chairs yet to be arranged. Flowers were kept under the tent next to the huge willow tree. I could only chuckle thinking of my luck. Willow tree indeed. A van pulled in next to where I was standing. A few men got down and unloaded things for the wedding. People seem to start work late here. I tried to find my out I didn't want to stand there anymore.