Part 5 : The Cruise

Pass, Pass, Pass, where did I put my pass? Think Ica, think hard. Why this has to happen now? It is already 4 p.m. I should be there by 4.45p.m the last time I saw the pass was when I folded it with the yellow slip and kept it away for safe keeping somewhere in the hall but where is it? I turned my whole hall upside down only to find the pass at the magazine rack. Now I remember I bought this magazine the same day. I am such a silly person. Ah... well it is time to get out now.

I must have driven at 150KM/H; I reached the docks by 4.30pm. It wasn't my first time but this time it was tough as the roads were slippery due to the late morning shower. At least I made it in time. Now, which way should I go? Virgo Cruise where are you? I ought to ask around.

"Hello Miss, how can I help you?" A pleasant looking young girl asked me as I approached the counter. I wondered if she is at a legal age to work.

"Yes, how can I get to the Virgo Cruise?"

"That's easy you just walk down this corridor and enter the second..." she was saying and pointing the direction to me but she was interrupted by a voice that came from behind me.

"That won't be necessary June, I will take her there myself." I turned behind to see Keith.

"Hi, Capt. How are you today?" June asked. I presumed that was her name.

"I am great June and Hi Ica" Keith said.

"And June this is Veronica, my sister. Ica this is June my lovely staff." Keith practiced his manners very well indeed.

"Hi June and thanks for your help." I shake her hand and smiled at her. Listening to someone calling me their sister gave me a sense of belonging.

"Are you ready? Is this all?" Keith asked as he took my bag from my hand.

"Yes and where is Amy?" I inquired.

"She is with Mrs. Regina the host of our trip." Keith answered.

"Wait, do you mean this is a private trip?" I added another question.

"Yes Ica, This ship only goes on private trips and this time it is Maraca Limited's annual event and Mrs. Regina is hosting this party."

"Do you mean the leading commodity trading company?" I asked to confirm.

"Yes dear, looks like someone is already excited." Keith winked at me. He is so sweet he has no idea there is a huge chance I will be meeting my uncle here. 

We were walking towards a woman in a blue green floral dress. She wore a huge brim hat, a pair of shades and a warm smile to welcome people on board. I was very sure this is going to be the best time of my life.

"Guess her age?" Keith said.

"Late 30's"

"She is touching her 52 this year." He told me. I couldn't believe it that woman looks so young with a well maintained body and soft skin. Keith introduced me to her and I whispered to ask her secret to her beauty. She just said 'stop worrying and start smiling a lot.'

Amy being Amy voted herself to show me to my suite. Along the way she kept telling everyone she knew, I was her neighbor-friend, if there is even such term. We go into a lift. She turned to me and started telling me about the room. The lift went up and stopped at the 8th floor. Only then she realized she didn't press the button. A tall gentleman entered the lift and nodded at me, I think he did. I couldn't tear my eyes of Amy who was frantically complaining that she forgot to press the button. I tried to calm her down.

"And which floor will that be my young lady?" the guy asked looking down at Amy.

"4th" she crocked out before she hid behind me and stayed there till we reached the 4th floor. I just smiled and walked out of the lift, trying to balance myself with Amy on one side and my bags on the other. I did get a glance at him helping to hold the lift for us.