Part 3 : Dinner for Luck!

"But you promised I will get dessert if I finished my burger." Amy said to a man who was sitting with her. I couldn't really see his face. He was a tall man for sure. He had wavy brunet hair.

"Yes, I know I did Amy but dessert doesn't mean a Sundae." he replied in his deep Brit accent. Of course, I love the accent like many girls out there. I walk towards Amy, one glance at me and she jumped out of her chair and ran towards me with her hands open wide for a big hug. I had to lean forward a little to hug her and then I took a step back to see her face. She has gotten her colour back. I never actually notice this before, she has a pair of shiny black eyes and now they are sparkling in joy.

"Thank you so much for the Plane. I love it so much I decorated it and it has a name too." She said without catching her breath first.

"I am glad you like it, my little Amelia Earhart" I hugged her again and noticed a 6.4ft figure standing behind her and narrowing his eye down at me nevertheless he was still smiling pleasantly. I stood up and met him eye to eye, actually not even close I am only 5.9ft. He immediately put his hand out and introduced himself.

"Hi, I am Keith Hills, her father." Tilting his head slightly to make a point.

"Hi I am Veronica, her neighbor." I accepted his hand shake. He had big strong and rough hand; still he gave me a gentle squeeze.

"So you're the illusive Ica who I have been listening about for the past week." He said and I swear I saw a smirk at the corner of his lips.

"And you would be the illusive daddy who receives all the credit to her intelligence and public speaking ability" I took my hand back and grinned back at him. Tall, dark and handsome with a British accent, isn't this man every woman's dream guy? His tan must be because he works on a ship. I have heard of hazards that come with a job but this is surely an advantage. He was wearing a White Polo T-shirt and blue jeans.

"She is born with the intelligences; I just help bring them out." He flashed a full beam. I must say he has a very good set of teeth. His smile brought out the wrinkles at the corner of eyes and some fine lines on his forehead. However he looks like he is in his 40's.

"Why don't you join us Ms. Veronica." He offered.

"Yes, Ica join us please" Amy too.

I slide into the booth and looked at the menu on the wall. Still deciding what to have? Keith came back with a platter of fries and two burgers.

"Wasn't sure what you would like so I bought both chicken and beef." He said placing the tray on the table.

"You shouldn't have troubled, yourself I was still deciding." I replied.

"It's the least I can do, and a thank you is in order too. Amy told me what happened yesterday." He nodded.

"Oh anyone would have done the same, Mr. Keith" I said.

Amy finished her meal and went to play at the indoor playground leaving me and Keith alone facing each other.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself Ms. Veronica, that is if don't mind?" Keith started the small talk. I wondered if Amy already told about me. Something told me she would have.

"Well if you want to know me better, first you should stop calling me Ms. Veronica and just call me Ica." I insisted.

"Very well then Ms. Ica"

"Nope that won't do either" I interrupted

"Ok Ica, tell me." Finally just the way I like it.

"I am a determine woman who likes doing things alone."