Part 16 : Impulsive Princess

"Hi, I am Christian Mannellis, call me Ian. I have been told that we have met but I would surely remember a pretty face like yours. Have we met Miss Veronica Shaw?" he introduced himself and waited for me to answer but I couldn't believe my eyes let alone say a word. He is IAN? But he is not my IAN? He is shorter and stouter then Ian Mannell. How did this happen? Where did I go wrong? Ian Mannell is not Ian Mannellis. How stupid have I been? But why didn't Uncle Stevie say anything?

There were so many questions I had. First and foremost I need to talk to Uncle Stevie.

"Having fun I hope. Darling, I am sure you were shock to see that Ian isn't the Ian you know. I ensured that you guys sat at the same table so I could clarify some stupidity of mine. I made a silly mistake of assuming Mannell and Mannellis were the same. Well no harm done I guess as I noticed you have been keeping in touch with Ian Mannell and word has it that you are covering his soft launch too." Uncle Stevie said nonchalantly and winked at me.

No harm done! He must be so bloody ignorant about me and Ian. I can't completely blame him for two reasons. He was rather drunk while he was on the ship. Besides, I am to be blamed as well. I should have waited for the complete report. Like Julia said. This is bad or is it good? I dug my own grave. Wait! Why didn't Ian double check this matter and get back to me? He could have easily checked it too. I could not sit anymore. I need to see Ian Mannell ask him this now. I excused myself and walked to the car.

I was driving fast and I wasn't bothered of anything anymore all I want now it to see Ian Mannell. I need to ask why he didn't get back to me and... I stopped at a junction now. Reality kicks in. Go left to Ian and Go right to my B&B. I want to go left so much that it hurts. WHAT IS THE POINT ICA? I shouted to myself as I looked in the mirror. He is getting married tomorrow. I lost him long ago. I do not have the right to destroy Ileana's dream day. He is hers now. I had my chance and I trashed it all by my impulsiveness.

I reached the B&B, I opened the door to the lobby and Ian was there talking to Mick. Hearing the door shut behind me he turned and looked at me. I have no escape now. He said something to the Mick and walked towards me. What is he doing here on the night before his wedding? This is a small town and people talk. The face of Ileana came in my head. She would be devastated, if she knew he came to meet me a night before their wedding.

"Ian what are you doing here?" I asked before he could say anything.

"I need to talk to you Ica, please just listen to me a few minutes." He held my hand and he stood in front of me. I froze at his touch. I couldn't move even an inch. He brought me out of the lobby to the garden next to the B&B. The sound of the ocean was still loud and rhythmic and the cool breeze gave me a chill. I crossed my arms to keep myself warm. Not that it helped much.

"Did I make a mistake?" he asked as we both took a seat at the bench.

"We both deserve each other and I feel I might have taken it too fast and you freaked out. Am I right?" he added another question. Too fast? That was never in my mind. How should I explain to him that the whole thing was my mistake?

"I found out we aren't related the way you said it, about three months ago but..." he went silent.

"Three months ago and you didn't try to contact me?" I was glad he found out but why didn't he talk to me about it?

"Yes but..." he trailed off again.

"But you have moved on, is that it Ian?" I helped him finish. He was staring at me. His eyes widen and his eyebrows rose. He must be shock that I guessed his thoughts. Well it isn't a Da Vinci's Code. He is getting married tomorrow. Let me make it easier for him.