Chapter 12

"You're a fair fighter, lass!" Dwalin praised as he and Krayna fought back to back.

"Thank you, Master Dwarf. You're not too bad yourself." She replied, gritting her teeth as an Orc sliced her arm.

"'Master Dwarf?'"

"Well, I'm-" She stabbed the Orc who cut her "- sorry, I didn't quite catch your name."

Dwalin swung one if his axes, and the Orc fell, dead. He gave a small bow, arms spread out. "Dwalin, at your service."

She raised an eyebrow at him, almost /flirtatiously/, he noted, and said, "Now what do your services include?" Her lips twisted in a half-smile half- smirk.

He grinned back, and then yelled at her to duck, and threw an ax where her head had just been, into the head of a warg.

"Thanks,"

"Anytime, lass."

They continued fighting, and just when they became surrounded, they heard a loud bird cry; eagles!

They swooped down and grabbed wargs with their enormous talons, dropping them off the edge if the cliff.

Krayna grinned, then let out a laugh.

Dwalin looked over at her with mild concern for her mental state, and then the next thing he knew, he was being picked up by an eagle and dropped into the back of another.

He was so surprised and it happened so quickly that he didn't even cry out.

He glanced back over his shoulder to see if Krayna got out.

What he saw nearly made him fall off his eagle.

Krayna was flying by herself. Wings had sprouted from her back, and she was soaring around the other birds like she was one herself.

"Flyer," he muttered to himself, remembering Zephira having mentioned them.

Speaking of the witch, she had only just escaped from Azog's metal club while helping Bilbo defend Thorins body.

She flew beside Fili, who was awestruck.

He looked over at the witch, whose eyes were closed. He thought she was scared, until he saw a smile creep over her lips, and her arms started to raise up. She opened her eyes, and stood up on her knees. Her smile grew wider, and she let out a whoop of joy.

Fili couldn't help but smile himself when he saw her, and then suddenly everything made sense.

He watched her for a while, her hair and clothes whipping around her as she laughed and shouted.

She only barely noticed him watching her, in fact she forgot almost everything that was going on around her until she heard a heartbroken cry of, "Thorin!"

Her arms snapped down and she wet back to a sitting position as she looked at him, following his gaze to his wounded uncle, who wasn't moving in the talons of the great eagle who carried him.

A tear fell down her cheek before she could stop it, and she wiped it away quickly.

The eagles dropped them off on a rocky peak, the one carrying Thorin putting him down gently.

Gandalf hurried to his side, kneeling down. Bilbo and Zephira stood beside him, looking worried.

Gandalf held his hand over the dwarfs face, and said something under his breath, moving his hand down.

Thorin took a shuddery breath and opened his eyes.

Zephira let out a sigh of relief and her face softened into a small smile.

"The hobbit..." Thorin mumbled, and Zephira's smile faltered.

"He's alright." Gandalf assured. "Bilbo is right here."

With some help, Thorin stood up and faced Bilbo.

"You," He began. "What did you think you were doing?! You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say you would be a burden? That you would not make it in the wild?"

Bilbo looked down, ashamed.

Thorin turned to Zephira. "And you!"

Her eyes widened.

"I told you I didn't need you for this quest." She bowed her head as well.

Thorin took a step closer to Bilbo and said, "Never have I been so wrong in my entire life." And he hugged the hobbit tightly.

Bilbo looked surprised at first, then hugged the dwarf back.

Zephira pursed her lips a bit.

Thorin released the hobbit, looking at him with newfound respect. He turned to Zephira. "I am sorry. He leaned forward and kissed her lightly on her cheek.

Or, he aimed or her cheek, but she jerked a bit when she realized what he was doing and he ended up kissing her on the corner of her mouth, their lips just touching.

Zephira stood there, staring at him, eyes wide.

He smiled at her warmly. "I never should have doubted you. Either of you!"

"No, no, I would have doubted me too!" Bilbo exclaimed.

"As would I." Zephira said softly. She absent mindedly touched where Thorin had kissed her, then quickly dropped her hand when she realized what she was doing.

Suddenly, Bilbo looked into the distance. "Is that... What I think it is?"

Everyone turned to see what he was looking at.

"Erebor," Zephira breathed, seeing the peak of the mountain.

A bird (regular sized) flew by them, and Oin cried, "Ravens fly back to the mountains! The prophecy is coming true!"

"Erm, that's a thrush, Oin." Zephira said what Gandalf was thinking.

"We'll take it as a good omen." Thorin said, still smiling at Zephira (with a bit more than respect).

"I do believe the worst is behind us."

The hobbit said with a nod.

"On that note," Krayna said, "I think we should put as much distance between us and those orcs as possible." She turned to Zephira. "You know where we have to go."

~~~~

Seriously, WHAT is going on here?!?! Jeez.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed some more cuteness, and some Krayna being flirtatiously awesome. More of that to come, I thinks.

There's definitely something I wanted to say here, and I totally forget. God dammit.

Soo yeah comment what you think and vote please xxx