2

Connor

I watched Ramona watch Brad with the girl he brought. Nothing new there, I've been doing that since we became friends in 6th grade. I've never had the guts to tell her how I feel, and I really don't want it to blow up in my face and lose my best friend. That sounds super cliche but that's all I can imagine happening. Besides she's liked Brad since forever, though he's oblivious. Draining my third beer I make my way past a few people and to the fridge to grab my fourth.

When I tried out for the Seattle Sounders I moved into the city with Brad, James and Tris. Our apartment is a bit crowded, but it's the only way we can all afford it. Currently there are about 40 people crowding the space.

"Con! Great game bro! So which one of these ladies is staying the night?" Tristan comes bounding up to me, leaning across our kitchen counter.

"Um probably none. Feeling a little off my game tonight." I admit. It's not that I've been doing nothing but being jealous of Ramona's feelings for Brad, just can't bring myself find a girl tonight.

"Ramona again?" He looks to where my eyes are fixed. I nod and take a long sip of alcohol. "Dude, just tell her."

"You know I can't." Drinking the last of my beer, I set the bottle on the counter with a clink. "I'm going to bed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knocking. Loud knocking, wakes me up. I groan and get out of bed. Down the hallway I head towards the main door, passing by the remnants of last night scattered about the living room.

"Hey, thought you guys might need some help cleaning." Ramona smiles, holding a bucket with cleaning supplies.

"Great, thanks." I move to let her in. "Give me a minute to wake up and change." I felt a little awkward as I was only in a pair of sweatpants. Back in my room I pull on the first shirt I see and make my way back to the living room. Brad was now awake, bidding his date goodbye and the front door. He was dressed in less than me, just boxers. I scoffed and went to the kitchen, finding Ramona there.

"Have fun last night?" I ask, joining her in picking up plastic cups.

"It was alright. Did you? I couldn't find you to say goodbye before I left." Her face wore a delicate frown, and her emerald eyes stared into me.

"Yea, I uh was just tired so I went to bed early." We cleaned in silence for a while until we were joined by Brad, who was now fully clothed. Then Tristan and finally James. They recounted funny stories from the party, cracking us all up.

Eventually Tris, James and Brad give up on cleaning and settle on the couch watching reality TV. "Can you at least make yourselves useful and go get food or something?" Ramona yells to them.

"That take out chinese place a few blocks down, ok?" James asks as the three of them make moves to leave, not having to be asked twice to get out of cleaning. Ramona and I both tell them yes, and they're gone. I put down my broom and take Tris's spot on the couch, Ramona on the other hand cleans faster.

"Mona, cmon take a break. Come watch Life with Jonas with me." I hear her sigh, then set down her bucket of soap. She takes the spot on the couch next to me, leaving a small space.

"I feel so bad for Kevin."

"Why? His house is huge, his wife is gorgeous and he's rich." I say because to me that sounds pretty great.

"Because he was like everyone's least favorite in the Jonas Brothers."

"Oh that's right. You were like obsessed with Nick. Mrs. Nick Jonas!" I mock a girls voice, teasing her.

"Stop, Connor!" She laughs and attempts to shove a pillow in my face, leaning over part of my body. I manage to take the pillow and toss it across the room. Her face is so close. We both stop laughing, breathing heavily. I can feel us both leaning closer.

"We're back with food!" Tristan announces, throwing the door open. Ramona jumps to sit up. I glare at Tris letting him know they have the worst timing ever.

Ah so close but so far!! Vote/comment and share!! It would means the world!! xo-Rachel