5

Ramona

From 7768904576: Ramona? This is Logan, Connor's friend. He gave me your number, said we should go out sometime. 

My phone buzzed shortly after I walked home with Connor. I don't remember exactly who Logan is so I quick grab my laptop while my food is cooking on the stove. On the Sounders website I find the roster and look through the player. Logan Harris, forward, 5' 11", hometown: Albany, New York. He's cute, and Connor says he' a good guy. Considering this I pick my phone up and text him back. 

To Logan: Hey, yea we should. I am free tomorrow. Want to grab coffee? 

From Logan: Great. I know this cool place called The Cracked Mug. Meet me there at 6? 

To Logan: See you then 

My pot of noodles on the stove began to simmer over, I rushed to turn down the heat. As I ate dinner and watched a few episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S my mind wandered to how my date with Logan would go. I am far from my awkward fat middle school days but still not 100% confident with guys. 

------------

"So what do you do besides play soccer?" I asked Logan, taking a sip of my latte. We ordered and sat down a little over an hour and a half ago, and the conversation had not lulled once. 

"Well actually I play guitar. And it happens to be open mic night." He smiled brightly, his eyes flicking to the stage where an acoustic guitar sat in a stand. 

"You planned this didnt you? That's your guitar?" Logan nodded. 

"I hope you don't mind, I thought it would make just getting coffee more interesting." I smiled and gestured for him to get on stage. 

"Uh Hi, I'm Logan Harris and this is an original song called 'If I'm Lucky.' 

"That was really great." I compliment him as he walked me home. "I really like your first song, it was beautiful. This is me." I point to the large building looming over us.  

"Thank you. I wrote it a few months back. So if you want, I'd really like to see you again." Logan stopped outside my apartment complex. 

"I'd like that." He leaned in and pecked my cheek. 

"I'll call you tomorrow." Logan waved as he walked back down the block. Still smiling like and idiot I ride the elevator up to my floor. 

---------------

After the date with Chris, the guy Brad set me up with, I stepped off the elevator to find Brad outside my door.   

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask taken aback. 

"Oh I just came by to see how the date went." He shrugged. 

 "You can come in if you want." Brad was standing awkwardly in the doorway. 

"So uh how did your date go?" 

"It was alright." Out of the two I definitley like Logan better. 

"Chris is cool, he works with me at the bar, we just hired him." 

"Yea he told me. I don't know, he just wasn't my type I guess. We didn't have much in common." 

"I take it Connor won?" He asked, a bit bummed out. I nodded, I didnt think of it as winning though, they didn't even pick a prize. "Well I'm glad you found someone." He stood up to leave. 

"Want to stay and watch a movie? I'm really craving popcorn right now." 

"Yea sure." Brad sits on the couch looking through a few of my movies. "We are so watching The Great Gatsby." He announces from the living room. 

"Really? I'm surprised you want to watch it." I sit next to him with a bowl of popcorn and watch as the movie starts to play. 

"Are you kidding? It's my favorite book!" I almost choke on a kernel. 

"What? It's my favorite book." Brad looks as shocked as me that we have something in common. The movie progresses and we discuss points in the movie and all of the symbolism. "You are such a closet nerd, I can't believe it! I want to call everyone we went to high school with and tell them!" I joke when it ends. 

"No. The guys don't even know. It would ruin my rep." I snort with laughter. 

"Yea because its already such a good one." My phone ringing breaks the silence that follows. Logan's name and photo flashes on the screen. 

"I should get this, thanks for watching the movie with me." 

"Yea, I'll see you later." Brad closes the door slowly behind him. 

thoughts?? please vote/comment and share!!! xo -Rachel