Chapter 2

"Roman Reigns." I whispered as I look at him. I felt my throat slowly getting dry when the situation finally dawned on me. Without making a move, I quickly looked for any wound or blood on him. I was relieved to see that there was none.

"What? Are you just gonna look at me like that?!" He angrily shouted which caused me to flinch.

God! This is so embarrasing!

"Look, I'm sorry it's just that I didn't know I was crossing the street so-" He cut me off before I could say another word.

"You didn't know you were crossing the street?That's ridiculous! Are you seriously that dumb?" He said as he walked towards me.

Did he just called me dumb? I can feel a PMS coming up right now.

"Who do you think you are calling me dumb? Hey I said I'm sorry right?!" He was taken aback when I snapped back and chuckled in disbelief.

I know I am not in the place to be angry but my hormones are making me do it.

"Sorry? You almost tried to kill me then you're just gonna say sorry?! Bullshit!" He was now standing a few inches from me but I didn't care. I took a step closer to him as if challenging him.

"It's not my fault that you are driving too fast scumbag!" I screamed and I didn't care if our face was only inches away.

How dare he curse at my face? I'm taking back all the things I've said about him earlier! This guy is a freaking jerk!

"Fine, then what are you going to do with my car?" He said trying to be calm but failed.

"Why are you asking me a stupid question? It's not my car!" I blurted out, the anger in me is still not subsiding.

"Yeah, but you're the reason why it crashed now pay me $2,000."

My anger slowly faded away when he said that. It's like all my brain cells started working again and I now realize that I am fucked. Where am I gonna find money for that damaged car?

"You're rich, you can handle it let's just forget that this happen." I said trying to stay calm and gave a little smile. I took a step back when I noticed that our distance was too close.

"Okay how about this you pay me or I'll tell the police?" He said with a cocked eyebrow and a smirk.

I wanna wipe that smirk off that jerk's face! It's not helping that he's good looking damn it!

"How about this-" After I said that I ran and grabbed Lauren by the arm, who was still shocked by what happened. I can hear him cussing but we just kept running until we reached our car. I started the engine then quickly get back to our apartment.

"Tell me that just didn't happen." Lauren asked with amusement then sat on the sofa.

"I hope. Where am I going to find $2,000 now? I can't even pay the rent on time!"

"That's true. You still owe me for the last month." She said and I glared at her but she just laughed it off.

I was pacing back and forth in front of her just panicking, I don't know what to do anymore. What if when I wake up tomorrow and there will be cops outside the apartment waiting for me? God, if you're up there, help me!

At the restaurant:

I was relieved when I didn't saw cops outside our apartment and somehow managed to go to work without having any trouble.

My salary as a waitress was enough for me to keep a roof over my head and have other necessities to keep me alive. Plus, I am planning to go to culinary school to pursue my dream of becoming a chef and prove my parents something. That's why I can't just give away 2,000 bucks.