Chapter 32

"Hey babe, who is it?" I didn't realize that Nick was already beside me and his question was answered when he saw Roman and his daughter standing in front of us.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you two. We'll go home now." Roman said apologetically then grabbed Jojo's hand.

He was about to turn around but his daughter spoke again.

"But daddy, I want Aunt Alex to come to the party with you." She whined.

"And your daddy wants to go home, let's go." Roman said then grabbed her hand again. I was so invested on watching Roman and his daughter talk that I almost forgot Nick was there until he spoke.

"No, it's alright. What party are you talking about Jojo?" Nick kneeled down to be as the same height as Jojo. We both waited for her to answer.

"You know, the party where people like daddy and you go to." Nick looked up at me and I looked back at him, confusion were visible in our eyes.

"She's talking about the Hall of Fame." Roman sighed.

"Oh." Nick said then looked at Jojo.

--
"Well..." I tried to break the awkward atmosphere that was filling our living room.

"I really apologize for just coming at your house without telling you." Roman apologized again.

"No, it's fine. So, let's talk about the party." Nick said then smiled at Jojo, who smiled back at him.

"Alex don't need to go if she doesn't want to, really." Roman said but his daughter cut in.

"But daddyyyy...I want to" She said while adorably moving her feet back and forth.

"Honey, you can't just force people to do what you want." I chuckled when he said that, it's a good thing nobody heard it.

Oh, the irony.

Even though Jojo was so adorable at asking me to go with Roman at Hall of Fame and even though I really want to go there, I can't leave Dolph alone here especially when he's injured.

While Roman and Jojo were bickering, I slightly leaned in to Nick to talk to him silently but he was the one to talked first.

"You should go." I was taken aback with what he said. It shocked me so much that all I could say was

"What?" I whispered and he just nodded before looking back to Roman.

"She'll go."

"What?" Roman and I said in unison.

"Yay!" Jojo said then stood up on the couch and she started jumping.

"But what about you Nick? Who's going to take care of you?" I tried my best not to sound frantic. What is going on with his mind? We already planned what we're going to do on that day.

"Gosh Alex, you make it sound like I'm a baby or something. I'll be fine and besides you really want to go there." He looked then smiled at me. I studied his face and there were no signs that he was forced to make that decision.

"Daddy and Alex are going to the party! Hooray!" Jojo exclaimed but was stopped when Roman sat her down then sternly looked at her. I was surprised that Jojo didn't budged at all.

"Are you sure?" Roman looked at us but mostly at me. I looked down at the ground for a moment to think then looked back up again.

I saw Jojo with pleading eyes while her hands were clasp together and I knew that I just couldn't say no.

"Fine. I'll go." I sighed.

--
Hall of Fame was still quite far away but Roman decided that I should already go and pick a gown for me to wear.

He also said that he'll help me and he'll pay for it because of all the trouble this has caused me and of course I told him no because it was too much but he still insisted.

"Hey can we go to my apartment to pick up Lauren?" I said to him as soon as I got inside his car.

"Your old apartment?" He looked at me and that's when I finally got to take in his appearance. He was wearing a v neck white shirt and jeans and his hair was put into a bun.

"Yep. Lauren wants to come and help us. You know her." I said then smirked at him and he did the same to me.

"Okay, let's go."

I got inside the apartment with Roman behind me.

"Lauren?" I called out when I saw that she was not in the living room.

"In the kitchen!" She shouted. As I was getting closer, I realized that she was not alone.

"Hi, Alex." Lauren waved at me while smiling nervously.

"Hi." I said then sent her a reassuring smile before looking at the couple in front of me.

"Hi Mom and Dad."

--
"I thought I'm not gonna see you again! Lauren here told us that you're not leaving here at the time." My mom said, emphasizing the last three words.

"Yeah, me too. Good thing I came back here huh?" I snickered nervously.

"Well aren't you going to introduce us to your friend over there?" My dad said then pointed at the man beside me. I almost forgot that Roman was there.

"Oh yeah I forgot." I said then instinctively touched his hand but I immediately let it go when I noticed that it was cold and sweating. I noticed that his face is pale.

"This is Roman, my-uhh...friend." I was kind of worried about Roman's face, why is he like that? Why is he acting so nervous?

"Well hello there, Roman. Please don't mind me asking but, have we met before? Your face is so familiar." My mom asked, I looked at him and he was really acting weird.

"I-uhh-I" He stuttered while avoiding everyone's gaze.

"You must've seen him on TV. He's a wrestler." I answered for him.

"Oh honey, do you think I watch wrestling?"

"I'm really sorry but I'm just gotta head down to my car." He said then leave without looking at any of us.

WELL THAT WAS WEIRD. WHY DO YOU THINK ROMAN WAS ACTING LIKE THAT?

Anyway, thank you guys so much for giving so much love to this story. Thank you for the 74k reads! ❤️

I know this chapter was kinda long and I hope you read every word because some of them are important details *wink*

If you liked this chapter please vote, comment and share this with your friends!

See you soon! x