Chapter 31

Previously:
I heaved out a deep sigh before looking down at my feet. After all that's happened, I still find myself in front of Summer's hotel room

Roman's POV
After a few minutes of knocking and waiting, she finally opened the door.

"R-roman? What are you doing here?" She said, the nervousness in her voice was evident.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to do something bad to you. I just want to talk." I said, trying to assure her that I came here to bring her no harm.

After reflecting on what happened to us, I realized that there was no chance of us getting back together. I mean it was clear that she doesn't have feelings for me anymore because she was seeing another man behind my back. As much as that hurts my pride, I have to accept it. I just want for us to be mature here and end things neatly.

"Talk about what?" She said, now confused.

"Would you mind if we can talk about this inside?" I asked. Summer shook her head no before immediately opening the door wider for me to walk inside.

I sat at the couch nearby and just waited for her to join me.

"Look Roman, I can explain what happened and--" She bursted after sitting beside me but I cut her off before she can continue.

"No it's alright. I understand that you don't have anymore feelings for me. I just came here for us to have a good closure. I don't want this to end nastily and I'm sure that it is not what you want either." I explained to her and she just nodded with her head looking down.

"But I have a question. Why?" I finally managed to ask after hours of arguing if I should ask her this or not. She looked up to me and gave me a confused look, indicating that she doesn't understand what I'm saying.

"Why did you find another man? Am I lacking something?" It took a few minutes for her to answer.

"To be honest Ro, whenever we're together I can't feel your presence. It's like you're physically here but your mind is somewhere else." She explained to me carefully but I don't know what she means by that and it looks like she knows that I'm confused so she went and talked again.

"Look, I know that you're not completely into me and I was dumb enough to think that if I wait a little longer maybe, just maybe, you could love me back. I guess I just got impatient and find another guy." I can't believe that this is really coming out from her mouth and I felt really bad hearing it. I tried my best to let her continue with what she's saying.

"And we both know that you spend more time with Alex rather than me and that makes me really jealous. I know that I shouldn't be because she's your friend but I can't help it." She said while avoiding eye contact with me and I can see her eyes are already getting wet. I grabbed her hands and held them tightly making her look at me.

"I'm sorry." I said sincerely.

"I'm really sorry because you wasted your time on someone like me. I'm sorry if I can't reciprocate my feelings for you, trust me I tried really hard but I guess it wasn't strong enough for us to be together for a long time." I said apologetically, trying my best not to cry in front of her. She, on the other hand, was already crying and shaking her head no.

"It's alright. No need to say sorry to me. I already knew from the start that you've got someone else in there." She said while pointing at my heart. I was about to ask her what she's talking about and who she is pertaining to but she spoke again.

"Thank you so so much for giving me happy memories. I wish we can still be friends though." She said while laughing and wiping her tears.

" Of course." I said with a smile plastered on my face. We looked at each other for a while before finally giving each other a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said as she tightens her arms around me.

"Yeah me too"

I was greeted by a hug from Jojo when I came back to my hotel room.

"Piggy back ride!" I said before putting her at my back. Then I ran fast around our living room, making Jojo shriek with happiness.

"Daddy, stop!" She said while still giggling and I finally put her down and rested her at the couch.

"Daddy?" She asked while I sat next to her.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I looked at her while she was playing with her stuffed toy.

"Are you coming to the party?" She said then looked at me. I furrowed my brows because I don't know what she's talking about but I still asked her with a smile on my face.

"What party, honey?"

"I heard that grandpa, uncle Jey, uncle Jimmy and aunt Naomi are going to be there. Ooh! And also uncle Dean and uncle Seth! And also many other people who comes out on TV like Daddy!" Is she talking about the Hall of Fame? Maybe she heard it when my family where talking about it during their visit here earlier.

"Of course baby. Daddy has to be there." I said with a smile while rubbing her head.

"With who?" She asked again and I furrowed my eyebrows again. Where is she getting all these questions?

"I mean Uncle Jimmy is going with Aunt Naomi, Uncle Jey is coming with Aunt Takecia, Uncle Dean is with Aunt Renee and Uncle Seth is with his girlfriend. I don't know her name because Uncle Seth's girlfriend is always chang--"

"Okay cupcake. I get it!" I said with a chuckle and tried to stop her before she can say anything else.

"How about I come with you?" I suggested but she was not impressed.

"I don't want toooo. It's booooring!" She whined while rolling her body on the couch. I snickered at her cute actions.

"Then I guess I'm going alone then." I said while pouting at her.

"How about Aunt Alex?" She suggested with a bright smile.

"Honey, she's with Uncle Dolph remember?" I reminded her.

"But Uncle Dolph can't go because he's injured." She said as a matter of factly.

"But still--" I was stopped when she stood up and started to drag me outside the room.

"Where are we going Jo?" I asked.

"We're going to Aunt Alex's house." She said while still dragging me outside. I grabbed her hand and faced her to me to make her stop.

"Jojo, I told you we can't." I said while giving her a serious look but she didn't gave up.

"Please Daddyyy! For me please?" She pleaded while giving me one of her cute puppy eyes.

Alex's POV
I was cooking dinner when I heard someone knocking at the door.

"Alex!" Nick called me from the living room.

"Got it!" I said before going at the door to open it. I twisted the door knob then pulled it to open the door. Outside I saw Jojo pulling Roman towards me.

"I'm so sorry for bothering you Alex, Jojo is just--" Roman didn't get to finish his sentence when his daughter interrupted him.

"Daddy wants to go to the party with you!"

HEEEEYY! It's been a long time since I've updated. I'm sorry *hides behind Roman*

I hope you like this chapter and if you did please vote, comment and share!

I love y'all and see you soon!