Chapter 29

I opened the door to my apartment and let Jojo in while carrying her bag. I just watched her stop at her tracks and looked around my flat before I closed the door. I walked towards her then kneeled down to be at the same height as her.

"I hope you like it." I told her with my voice full of hope and I was glad when she smiled at me then nodded her head. I smiled back at her then got up to lead her towards the living room where Nick was. He turned his head when he saw us approaching him and instantly smiled.

"There she is!" He greeted the little girl enthusiastically which made Jojo giggle.

"Hello there, you must be Jojo, Roman's daughter. By the way I'm—"

"I know you! You're Dolph Ziggler! You're on TV just like my daddy." She said while trying to sit down next to him on the sofa.

"Yes, you're right sweetheart. Me and daddy work together." He told her with a smile.

"Let's go rest for a while. Man that was a long drive!" I said, more to myself, before slumping my body on the sofa next to Jojo then placed her bag on the floor.

Roman had asked me to look after Jojo while he was gone and I asked permission from him if she could just be home with me while she's waiting for him to come home and I was glad that he said yes.

During the ride, Jojo and I already planned on what we are going to do once we got here and most of it would be indoor activities because of Nick, not that he's a burden and I really just want Jojo to be in the apartment where she's really safe. But we're going to do that later because I'm really exhausted.

"Uno!" Jojo shouted before Nick and I had the chance to say it.

After almost an hour of resting we decided to play Uno, it's really fun and it makes us more aggressive than we thought we could be, including Jojo.

I looked down on my cards and saw the card which has a '+4' on it. I smirked then grabbed it and Nick must have seen what I was going to do.

"Don't you dare put that down." He threatened me because if I did, his cards which were now only two will have four more.

"Oh yes, I will." I said, the card was now near the pile of cards.

"Do it!" Jojo screamed, joining in. I laughed at her aggressiveness before putting down my card. Nick grunted while taking four cards.

"What color?" He asked.

"Blue." I said randomly and I laughed even more when I saw that none of the cards are blue.

"You're gonna pay for this." He threatened me again but I know that he was just joking.

A couple more rounds and it was all just laughing and making threats to each other, yes including Jojo. I can tell that she got it from her father.

"You did not just block me!" Nick said with disbelief in his voice then playfully glared at her.

"I just did honey." Jojo snapped back which made the three of us laugh, we were all aware that we're just joking so no real fights occured during the game.

After that, we also played Jenga, hide and seek and indoor games that we can think of. We were spending the hours waiting for Roman by playing fun games.

"I'm hungry." Jojo announced after we stopped playing because we were all exhausted. She got up from the floor where we're all laying then asked us for food.

"How about we bake some cupcakes?" I proposed to the little girl and her face instantly lit up. She quickly grabbed my arm, making get up then dragged me towards the kitchen.