Chapter 28

I woke up with the feeling of something rough on my forehead and the bed moving. I opened my eyes and saw Jojo jumping up and down on the bed with a smile on her face.

"Good morning!" She greeted while still jumping on the mattress.

"Morning baby" I greeted back with a smile.

The rough thing on my forehead moved so I looked up and saw Roman's face close to my head. My eyes widen in shock and I tried to remove his hands from my waist which made Jojo giggle.

The noise and movements must have woke him up. He started moving his head while grunting so I quickly jumped off the bed. I just watched him fully open up his eyes before they met mine.

"Hey." He said with a smile while rubbing one eye, making me gulp at the sight.

"Hi." I managed to say to him. He then turned his head to look at her daughter, who was still tirelessly bouncing on the bed.

I grabbed my phone on the bedside table to see what time it is and was surprised when I saw 8 missed calls, 5 from Dolph and 3 from his mother. My heart started beating erratically and that nervous feeling was building up inside of me.

"I-I need to go." I tried to tell them as calm as I could.

"Aww, already?" Jojo whined.

"I'm sorry Jojo, I'll come back. I promise." I told her then quickly putted on my jeans from Roman's closet. I grabbed my things then swiftly got out of the bedroom. I managed to walk quickly towards the hotel door but was stopped when I heard Roman's voice.

"Hey, what happened?" He said with a worried expression.

"It's about Nick. I'm sorry but I really need to go." I said trying not to panic and he just nodded.

I successfully walked to the parking lot and then drove out of the building. I got to the hospital as fast as I could while still making sure that I was going to get there safely.

Every step that I take towards his hospital room, my anxiety keeps getting worse. Once I got there I quickly turned the knob on the door and opened it. My heart is thumping harder to every movement.

I looked around the room to find nothing but the nurse removing the sheets from the bed. She stopped what she was doing then looked at me.

"Uhm, where is the patient here?" I asked. My throat is getting dry while waiting for her to answer.

Please don't let anything wrong happen to him.

"The doctor released him, saying that it was okay for him to go home." She said before going back on folding the sheets.

I released the air that I was holding in, feeling relieved that Dolph is okay. I thanked the nurse before leaving the hospital.

"I'm really sorry if I wasn't there." I told him apologetically while placing his food on the plate.

"It's alright babe, what's good is that you're here with me now." He said with a smile before giving me a peck on the lips when I sat next to him on the sofa. I handed him a slice of the sandwich before taking a bite on my own slice.

"But can I ask you something?" I looked at him before nodding.

"Where did you get that oversized shirt?" He said while pointing it. I looked down to see wht he was talking about and I instantly choked on my own food when I realized that I was still wearing Roman's shirt. I coughed so many times when the food got stucked on my throat.

"Whoa, you alright?" He said while rubbing my back. I reached out for the glass of water in front of me then drank it almost half way down.

"I'm sorry." I said when I fully recovered.

"So?" He said, waiting for my answer.

"Its Roman's, he lend it to me and I guess I forgot to give it back to him." I said, trying to shrug it off like it was no big deal. I mean he has nothing to worry about, its not like we did something wrong.

We just talked there for hours about nonsense until we got to the topic about his work.

"It's kinda weird not being in the Wrestlemania this year and also Hall of Fame."

"Yeah, I wish we could go there."

"Yeah, I mean I promised to take you to the Hall of Fame. I know you wanted to be there, I'm really sorry." He said looking down on the floor. Yes, I wanted to go there but I don't want him to feel sad that we can't.

"Hey, don't be sad. How 'bout we have a party of our own and we can order dozen boxes of pizza?" I proposed to him with a smile to make him feel better.

"Sounds like a plan." He said, a smile was now on his face. His good hand reached for my cheek and the next thing I know, we were kissing.

"I love you, Alex." He said after pulling away from the kiss.

"Love you too." I replied before giving him one more peck on the lips.

Here it is!

Thank you so much for the 48k reads! You are so so awesome!

Who also got chills from the women's match at HIAC? I did. It's so amazing and really historic.

Vote, comment and share this to your friends!

See you soooon! xx