Chapter 7

I quickly stood up when I saw Nick staring at us with a shocked and confused look, I nudged Roman's shoulder and gave a brief look at Nick to let him know that someone's at the door.

"Oh, hey Dolph! What brings you here?" He said heedlessly while trying to put on his pants, Nick looked at me but I quickly avoided his gaze. I looked down at the floor feeling embarrassed of what just happened. He cleared his throat before answering.

"Uhh, Dogg wants to talk to you before your match." He said awkwardly then closed the door without saying goodbye, but what surprises me is Roman acting like nothing happened. He's busy brushing his hair up into a bun while looking at the mirror which made me furrowed my brows.

"That's it? You're not gonna explain to him what's really hapening earlier?" I asked emphasizing the word 'really', he turned around to face me with his brows arched.

"What for?"

"He saw us in that position, what do you think is on his mind right now?" I asked gritting my teeth because of anger.

"I don't know and I don't care. It's not like we're doing something wrong, you're in fact just doing you're job here right? Why are you so affected with him anyway?" I was taken aback with what he said which made me ask myself the same question. He's got a point we are not doing anything wrong, but...

"What if he thinks that we're in a relationship?" I blurted out trying to defend myself.

"Simple, just tell him that we're not you dumbass. I'm starting to think that you still have feelings for him." He said with a smug look, my mouth parted when I heard what he said. I can't believe he just said that.

"Excuse me, I don't have anymore feelings for Nick!" I exclaimed, realizing that I sound so defensive.

"Whatever you say, Alex. I'll leave you for now because my match is next, you can watch me on the tv or just roam around the hallways but please don't get me again into any trouble." He said grabbing a bottle of water then left the room.

Just like Seth said earlier we're gonna have a small hangout at the hotel's bar after the show and now we're here with some other wrestlers. I'll be honest with you, I was already getting bored because of the fact that I really don't know most of the people here and I really can't relate with what they're talking about so yeah just call me an outcast.

I started to walk towards the pool area with a bottle of beer in one hand, I didn't even bother to tell Roman he wouldn't care anyways. I took off my sandals then sat beside the pool dipping my feet in the water, while my feet plays with the water my thoughts flew back to US.

My parents don't even know that I'm here, but it doesn't matter they're too busy with their business. I would just tell them about it when I got the chance to visit them and if I got lucky to be there when they're not busy. I wonder if Lauren's alright there alone, we only get to text occasionally because we're both busy with our work. I still haven't got the chance to buy the perfume that she wanted, and I still don't know where am I gonna find the money to get it my only hope is the 20 dollars that I get from Roman daily.

I let out a deep sigh then took a sip from the beer, I closed my eyes when the wind hit my face.

"Mind if I join in?" I looked over my shoulder to see who it is, my lips automatically formed into a smile when I saw the person.

"Uhm, sure." I said, he sat down beside me then plunge his feet in the water just like my position. There was a somewhat awkward silence after because of what happened earlier, well I guess this is my chance to explain to him what really happened.

"Look about earlier, we weren't doing anything wrong." I said finally breaking the deafening silence.

"Yeah, I understand." I was kinda surprise with his response.

"Really?" I ask with astonishment.

"Yeah, I mean it's normal for people who's in a relationship I was just surprised." It took a few minutes before his statement sink in my mind, I quickly shook my head no.

"No we're not in a relationship. We were just..." I stopped thinking of what I would say, I can't tell him about the contract it's against the rules.

"Just what?" He asked waiting for my answer.

"We were just joking around, because we're friends." I said hesitating at the last part, he snickers which made me nervous because I thought that he was not buying it.

"Nice way to joke around." He said with a hint of sarcasm while smiling at me, I let out a sigh of relief then smiled back at him.

"So, what are you doing here alone? Why aren't you with Roman?" He asked before chugging his beer, I looked at the pool which is beautifully reflecting the moon.

"Nothing, I just want to be alone." I simply said and he just nods.

"I didn't know you were going to be a wrestler I thought you would be a hockey player, and how come I didn't saw you when I first watched the show live?" It took him a few seconds to answer.

"Maybe you watched it when I was on a leave because of my injury." I was awestruck when I heard what he said, I can't help but to ask him if he's okay.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty fine. It's not new to me anyways." He said trying to laugh it off. There was another silence after that but this time it's a comfortable one. The only thing that we could hear is the low noise from the bar and the undulating water from the pool. My eyes started to roam the pool area but I was shocked when I felt Nick's hand on my back pushing me towards the pool.

"You jerk!" I shouted while wiping the water that's on my eyes, I just heard him laugh then took off his shirt.

"Incoming!" He screamed before jumping to the pool. As soon as he got up I started to splash water on his face.

"Payback bitch!" I said while laughing.

"Stop it Alex!" He said now battling back, but he can't because there's too much water on his face that he can't see his target. I splashed more water on his face until he caught my arm, we were laughing because of how childish we act but I stopped when I realized that our faces were inches away from each other.

I gulped when I noticed that his face was getting closer and closer every second.

Here's another chapter, hope you like it xx

Guys, I really appreciate that you enjoy my story and that you are reacting on it.

Also if you want one of the chapters to be dedicated to you just follow me, for those who want it I'm not forcing you.

Love you to bits x