Chapter 17✍

Like and comment
________________________________

Connor ♛

It's near the end of the day when I see Lilly walk through my doors. She comes around my desk, and looks at me for like a minute, then out of nowhere, slaps me across the face.

"What the fuck Lilly?" I scream with my hand on my cheek.

"THATS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT YOU PUT TROYE THROUGH A FEW NIGHTS AGO!"

My legs give in, and I fall into my chair, pressing my fingers to my temples.

"Why Connor? Why!?!" She asks desperate for an answer.

"I-I don't know what got into me... I loved him. Still do..." The words stutter out of my mouth.

I can see Lilly's eyes tear up. "Connor, I love you so much. I've always wanted you to find someone and be happy...but you always figure out a way to screw things up!" The aggravation and affection shown clearly in her voice. "I can't fathom the idea that you did this to Troye, someone you finally fell in love with."

I sit there in silence, battling my own thoughts. "Is he living with you?" I ask hopefully.

"...yeah. But he wanted me to tell you to not try to meet him. He just wants to be alone for some time, at least until you go see a psychiatrist. Did you take the appointment?"

I nod, "It's in three days."

"Okay, anything else?"

"C-Can you tell Troye that I-I love him and... I'm sorry?" Desperation and vulnerability is probably leaking through my words. Now I know how Troye felt when he was pleading me with the safe word.

She huffs out a breath, but nods. Then, leaves my office.

(•_•) timeskip (•_•)

Lilly ☆

I get home and I see don't see Troye in his usual position on the couch.

"Troye? Troye?!?" I call out while looking through the house. Then, I finally spot him.  He's in the guest bedroom sitting on the bed, staring intently at his phone.

"Troye?" I whisper, hoping I don't give him a jump scare. He so concentrated on whatever he's looking at, that he doesn't even notice when I walk around the bed, stand behind him, and peer at his phone.
Oh, he's going through his camera roll. Every single picture is of him and Connor together. I start hearing whimpers and sniffles, so I hesitantly place my hand on his shoulder lightly. He jumps, (so much for not giving him a jump scare) but smiles when he realizes it's me. I give him a sympathetic look and ask, "You okay?"

"Oh, y-yeah. I was just, you know, looking at my photo library..." Troye swipes his finger and his eyes light up. "Remember this was the picture that Connor won that little challenge with?!? It was our first date and..." The excitement in his voice quickly trailed down and his shoulders slumped. "I-I miss him...so much. Maybe I should call him...to check if he's okay?"

He's about to open his phone when I snatch it out of his hands. Confusion washes over his face, so I sit down next to him on the bed to explain myself. "Troye, I love both you and Connor dearly...and I wanna see you guys happy. But before that, I need to know that you two are safe... And as much as I hate to admit it, you aren't safe with Connor right now."