Act 2: It's a date?

[part two, today is my last day of summer, that's why I cranked out 4 chapters today. I'll try to do my best in the future]
It was near the end of class, Mark Jefferson as always was dragging the lecture on until the end. Neither of the girls minded it, Mr. Jefferson has always been a hero to both girls. Though it almost seemed like a normal day in the class, Kate seemed sad as always, Max kept to herself half listening to the lesson, and Victoria still  sucking up to Mr. J. Max rolled her eyes, had nothing changed yesterday? Would Victoria just go back to being a bully?
   Though near the end when Mr. J's attention was pointed elsewhere Max caught Victoria giving her a stare and then a smile and a nod. Then it was gone, Max then knew that it was on. As soon as the bell rang Victoria wrapped her arm around Max's shoulder. As they walked out, Mr. Jefferson pestered her about entering a submission for the "everyday heroes" contest. Though she hardly heard him, she could only hear the words coming from Victoria.
  "So Max, when I'm done with you'll be respected and maybe feared. Ready to be transformed hippy?" Max was unsure if that was necessary, "How about we both just be ourselves." She almost said, instead the brunette just shrugged at the blonde.
  As they walked down the hall together a lot of stares were cast their way. Even a few unhappy looks from Max's friend especially Kate, who looked about to cry. That made her feel guilty, Vic had hurt people, especially Kate. Though she supposed she believed that Victoria is capable of change.

   "Max! Are you even listening?" Victoria got a bit flustered as they exited the hall. "Sorry Vic, just got a lot on my mind." Victoria nearly blushed, rolling eyes she corrected. "Victoria, never Vic, Maxine." Max punched her playfully in the arm, "Max never Maxine, Vic." The girls had stopped outside Victoria's car, they stared at each other. Tempers almost flaring, they stared into each others eyes but suddenly they got closer. Hot breath on another's lips, the anger was taken from their eyes and replaced with understanding of the others hardships.
   That moment lasted a while until Vic pulled away and smiling opened the car door for Max. "Wow this is quite the ride, I'm impressed." Victoria shrugged and climbed into her own seat. She then drove out of town a ways to a small coffee shop. Very chiq, looked like a hipster hideout to Max, not really Victoria's kind of place. Still this is where they would have the 'date.'
   "Well Max this is where I like to go to escape all the drama bullshit. I get inspiration here and I also post on my blog."
Max shrugged, she obviously wasn't as active as Vic. Disregarding that she sat down and ordered a coffee, so did Victoria. After they had sipped their coffee into oblivion the girls both reached for the check at the same time. Their hands clashing in a warm embrace. Both the girls began to blush, "What are you doing Caulfield, I'll pay for it, I invited you." Max shook her head still holding hands. "N-no I want to pay, I'm your friend and don't want you for your money okay?" Vic was surprised to say the least. Max was always so sincere and it melted her heart a bit.
"Okay Max you win,  now will you let  go of my hand please? I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and thinking that I'm with a hippy like you." Though this didn't sound mean, it sounded playful almost. Victoria wore a smile and then their hands separated. Their eyes met and lingered, Max slowly put the cash on the table and stood up. "Thank you for the date." Victoria blushed and shook her head. "Yeah not a date loser, like that would ever happen." They went to the car and sat through a silent car ride. "Victoria, do you really mean that? Does the thought of us being a thing embarrass you?"
"Max I don't know what to think about you, about me, let's just see where it leads okay?" Max shrugged, "Victoria, It's okay to be yourself. You are really nice, you don't have to pretend for your real friends." That was the last word before Victoria dropped Max off at Chloe's
"Is this your friend's house? If she's a good friend maybe we should meet. Knowing me she'll love me."
Max just shook her head, "Yeah I don't think that's a very good idea. Well see you anyway, Vic." Victoria smiled and drove off. But about five minutes later she realized something. "Never Vic, only Victoria."