Act 5: Everyday Hero

Vic sat on her bed, nursing her hangover from the party last night. It was good to be with Max bad Chloe and them got together well enough. She was busy changing her relationship status on all the social medias, Taken Max Caulfield. Her phone was blowing up already, Courtney had told her she was gross. Taylor and pretty much everyone else had asked her if she was joking. "I'm better than those bitches, so is Max." She kept telling herself confidently, Victoria has a strong will and it takes quite a lot to shake her up. It was Max that the blonde worried about. The girls at Blackwell are vicious and now Max would be a target. "Be strong Max." She quietly pleaded, looking up from her phone to look at her door. Her thoughts had been enveloped by the brunette lately, Victoria is a rock, so why had this small girl, this nobody snatched her heart up so easily?

Victoria stood taking in a breath, walking to her door and stepping out. "Hey Victoria, don't forget about the club meeting tonight." Taylor said approaching her a hand on her hip, "You could even bring your little slut with you." Victoria's full attention shifted to the long-haired blonde. "Sorry Taylor I suggest you get your ass out of here before I lose my patients." The girls exchanged evil looks, daggers in the eyes of the blondes.

Finally Taylor relented, "anyway see you there Victoria." Victoria watched the other leave, was Max worth all of this shit? He turned around to see Max who had seen the whole scene, "hey Hun." Vic said simply, he saw the innocence on her face. The blonde just smiled and rested her head on the smaller girls shoulder. "It's good to see you." Max smiled and held onto Victoria, "It is so good to see you to, want to take this into my room instead of the hall? Vic shook her head, "No we should go, and I'm sorry you had to see that." Vic let go and seperated from her girlfriend, yes Max was definently worth this shit and so much more.

It had been a long day and now it was the last class for the both of them, the language of photography, with Mark Jefferson. Victoria was still kissing Mr. J's ass though less to get with him and more to win the everyday heroes contest. Vic wished she could bring Max with her but sadly that couldn't really happen, or could it? Max remained her quiet self, answering questions here and there, sending sympathetic looks towards Kate who seemed to not be doing well. The class ended and Vic and Max were about to walk out when they were stopped. "Max, you still haven't submitted your entry, you have a gift Max. I expect your entry by tomorrow okay? Now I know you don't like getting lectured at by an old dude but I want you to apply yourself. Perhaps your 'girlfriend' is it, could help you out, Victoria has great vision. You can go now." Max thought about it as they walked, her current works were crap at lest in her mind.

"Vic." She stopped so the girl holding her hand turned around to look in her eyes. "You need to apologize to to Kate about being mean to her, about bullying her." Victoria's eyes dipped down and she pouted slightly, her face reading guilty. Her eyes closed and she sighed, then opened them to look into those piercing blue eyes. "You're right Max, I've been awful to her, to you." They embraced momentarily, Vic seperated and approached Kate, Max hiding out of sight.

"Hello Kate, hey I wanted to apologize. I've really been awful-." Vic was cut off, "Yes you have Victoria, you have taken all the light from my life. You can't stop you won't, will you? Max told you to talk to me, I know that and I appreciate that from her, though I don't know why she is with someone as awful as you." She stormed away and left Victoria there surprised. Max joined Vic, "I'm sorry I made you do that but I guess I didn't expect that reaction." Vic shook her head, "you have nothing to be sorry for babe. I deserved all of that. I hope she will recover from all my shit."

After that the girls sat in Victoria's dorm, talking about whatever they thought about, sharing struggles, and secrets. In the end the two ended up snuggling up to each other, whispering how beautiful eachother are in each others ear. Victoria looked at the clock, and shifted to get up. "Max it's time for my club meeting. You can come if you want, just be warned they might be stupid jealous." Max shrugged, "Vic, I want to go, I want to be with you." Max said rather stubbornly, as if Chloe had rubbed off on her a bit.

The girls left the meeting close to tears, they hurried to Victoria's room. They, both plopped onto the bed. "I'm sorry Max, I shouldn't have taken you, I'm bad for you." The two held eachother, Nathan had threatened Max. It had ended badly and Victoria had told Nathan off. This day had tested the both of them but Victoria doubted they would bother them anymore. She was serious now and has dirt on all of them. And now the two recovered in each others arms. Victoria fell asleep and Max slipped out of her arms, she grabbed her camera. Focusing the camera she snapped the picture of her sleeping. She waved the picture and watched as the Polaroid settled, a smile came to her lips. "My everyday hero."