A Little Extra

// Wow, I'm surprised to say the least. I've been offline for months now. I have written in forever, though my notebook is full of half finished chapters. Anyway I came back to check on things, 1k views! Holy Moley you guys rock. Because you Rock so much I decided to give something back. This is a bonus chapter. A little side-step from our story-line, well a step back, quite a few. This is the story of how Max and Victoria met//

//Max's POV//

Alright Caulfield your back, back in Arcadia Bay. It's your first day being here in five years. Damn I'm scared, will anyone remember me? Honestly I hope not, I march my way up the concrete stairs with my bags in hand. The bus ride here was decent, half the time I was staring at my contact list. At the very bottom of the list sits Chloe, poor Chloe. How is she now? Has she gotten over William, probably not and neither have I. I feel guilty for leaving her, even though I didn't have a choice. Chloe wouldn't blame me for leaving her would she? No she would laugh about it, say everything is fine. We'd be pirates again, spilling wine and making Joyce's life an adventure. Though I know that isn't true, I don't know Chloe anymore, and we aren't kids either.

The drive through the town was serene, several landmarks triggering her nostalgia. The lighthouse, two whales, the beach or better known as Chloe's Cove. All adventures she would never have again, though in a way this would begin another adventure in Max's life. Adulthood, I stare at it directly and it stares back in the form of the looming brick building of Blackwell. People were passing her with bags and luggage, it only then hit me that I had stood there for several minutes. Great Max, already giving people reasons to think you're weird. I breath in and out deeply before attempting a step forward, though that is cut off. A boy, no an awkward looking boy approaches me. He has a bit of a baby face and longish brown hair, it would seem he got here early and had already unpacked. He is wearing a printed shirt with a science pun on the font. A bold statement, I'm a geek. "Hi can I help you with those?" He cuts in, interrupting my inner struggle with the beginning of my adult life. He grins awkwardly, motioning to the bags I'm holding in either hand. I try to return his smile, though it end up even more crooked and strained than his. "Oh these? Sure, thank you." I hand him one, which he seems to struggle with for a bit. I manage not to laugh at his feeble attempt, I follow the sign that says 'Prescott Dormitory'. Prescott who's that? Some dead local legend? A mayor? For some reason I'm drawing a blank on that name. Soon the dorm comes into view, we walk into the front door then to the stair well. "Well this is my stop, nice meeting you. I'm Warren by the way." I nod taking my bag from his outstretched arm. He's looking at me expectantly, I raise an eye brow and begin to head for the door. Though I then remember what manners are. "Oh sorry, I'm Max. See you around Warren." This time my smile is less awkward, which is good, he probably thinks I'm an idiot.

I walk through the door of the dorm, I find myself in a hallway that apparently doesn't get cleaned often. I see several rolls of TP on the floor further up the hall way. It doesn't look too bad, just a little busy at the moment with everyone moving in. I won't have furniture for a week or so since the stuff is being moved from Seattle. I walk slowly down the hall looking around, wanting to maybe get to know some of these girls. To my right a girl has her door open and is blasting music. I see that near the end of the hall where my room is, someone has decided to move in two couches, a desk, and a wardrobe. I roll my eyes, some people. With the route to my room blocked off I set my bags down in the hall and pop my head into the door. I can't help but smile, there's a beautiful brunette up on the bed rocking out. She notices me quite quickly, "Hey!" She shouts over the music at me, at first I think she's mad at me for intruding. Though she turns off the music and proves that she is just really friendly. "Hi I'm Dana nice to meet you." She smiles at me, I feel super awkward and just stand there holding my elbow. "I'm Max, nice to meet you Dana." I say after a delay. She seems nice though a little to pretty and popular to be any real friendship here. "Oh Max, you are right across the hall from Victoria, I actually feel bad for you." I can't help but smirk, this girl already knows everyone and where they live? Is that being creepy or just very in-the-know? "Oh I'm sure we'll get along fine, thanks for the info though. See you Dana."

With that I exit her room and pick up my bags. A boy stalks past me quickly, heading towards the exit. He looks... sick, or at least menacing. He sports a red Letterman and white cardigan. He oozes the feel of money, no more than that. He reeks of power with an underlying hint of instability. "Out of my way bitch." He curses at a girl who was apparently in his way. The girl doesn't say anything she just looks after him with a frown. The girl is quite cute I happen to notice, her long blonde hair is tied up in a bun. She has delicate feature and porcelain skin. She seems to radiate innocence, the opposite of that boy. As if I had just witnessed an angel passing by a demon. "Are you okay?" I ask meekly, she looks a little upset by is rudeness not angry. She sees me and smiles. "It's alright, I forgive him. It's what god would do." Wow this girl needs to be kept behind a glass display case, because she is so precious. My estimation on her innocence was spot on, great job detective Max. "That still was pretty mean, anyway, I'm Max." I greet her and find myself met with radiant smile. "Nice to meet you Maxine, My name is Kate." I roll my eyes, that is my biggest pet-peeve, though she didn't know so I'll let her off easy. "Max never Maxine, anyway I should probably start packing, see you around Kate." I turn towards the end of the hall, I'm tired, at least the school has a room for me to use. I am ready to hit the hay, and probably never wake up again. My eyes catch the light that bounces off of a golden pixie cut. I see a girl, no a woman, she is instructing men that are moving her furniture in. She is so hot my brain might melt. She's the one that was blocking the way, though I'm not mad anymore. She's also the one living across from me, how can be scared of that face? What had Dana been on about? This girl looks nice, not awful at all. "Who the hell are you?" My fantasy world suddenly grinds to a halt.

//Victoria's POV//

Victoria was mad, it took these workers two hours longer to get here due to traffic on I5. now her entire day has been thrown off. Another thing is that her trip had been all night, and the bathrooms were currently closed. Meaning Victoria had been unable to shower, which meant she felt like crap and is pissed off. Nathan had just left in a huff after she had snapped at him, telling him she was busy and to leave her alone. So that was her morning, one shitty event after another. Now some little doe-faced midget is staring her down. She turns and addresses said midget. "Who the hell are you." It's as if she snaps out a trance that Victoria had her under and she just snapped her fingers. The girl blushes and sputters, much to the annoyance of Victoria. "Well?" The girl calms down and breathes in and out deeply. "I-I'm Max Caulfield." Victoria twists up her face a bit, Max Caulfield? She tries to run options for belittling her through her head. Though something she sees nearly sends Victoria spinning. This little awkward troll has a camera bag. A camera! She's here to steal Mark Jefferson away from her. Victoria scowls, "Is that a camera? What photos do you specializes in?" Max smiles seeming like she entered her comfort zone again. The girl takes the camera out, Victoria feels like screaming in horror. She's a fucking little hipster, instant film? Holy hell, nerd alert, get her away from me. Victoria thinks bitterly though then she takes out some of her photos. Victoria cringes, 90% of them are selfies, selfies. She isn't even hot! Well she does have doe-like eyes, a pretty face, the way her lips are ever so slightly apart... NO. Victoria laughs, laughs so everyone in the hall can hear. "Max Lamefield the selfie hoe of Blackwell, I love it, priceless." Max seems dejected and puts her camera and photos away. Victoria smirks, relishing in her defeat.

"Nice to meet you Victoria, I'll see you later." It takes all of her might not to gasp, nice to meet you? What the hell is wrong with her? She just embarrassed her in front of everyone. As Max enters the door accross the hall Victoria scribbles on her slate. "Selfie Hoe residing here", she then goes into her room now that the unpacking is finished. She lays in her bed and looks up in frustration, "I will not let that bitch oppose me. We'll see Max Caulfield, I'll win soon enough." Though Victoria doesn't know how? How do you beat someone who doesn't give a shit? Victoria realizes that she can take a shower now that things have calmed down. She lays down for a bit though her mind is not resting at all. She has nagging thoughts centered around Max. Why did Victoria even find it necessary to bully her? It's because that's what Victoria always does, she dominates and intimidates others. She makes sure she is on top, she will soon find a lackey or two. She knows Taylor is going here, but she might want another. Maybe Taylor will have insight into this problem.

Victoria exits the room and heads towards Taylor's room. She stops in her tracks as she sees her whiteboard. "Dammit Caulfield.' She grumbles the board reads, 'Queen bitch Vic ruling.'

// Well that was it, I no zero fluff sorry, I do plan to extend into a Marshfield series soon, because Kate is a peep(Marshmallow bunny). This was just a cool idea I had and I hoped you enjoyed it.//